I'm so damn happy I could just ..... (pics)

Started by Tater, October 28, 2012, 09:49:53 PM

Tater

YEEEEES!!!!   :-*

I just installed a steel breech on my new 1377 and put on a BSA red dot and couldn't be happier. The grouping below was from ten yards rested and there's a pic of my "indoor range" too. It's 30' the way it's set up now, but if I sit with my back against the wall I can get 13 yards. Thanks guys for tips along the way and thank you Ed for help with the breech.   :-*  You might need to clean out your mailbox.   :D
HOSPs and Chippers beware!!!!!

I think my wife will really like shooting it too, but I MUST not let her try to commandeer it.     ;D

The "range". The flash made it look much darker then it was.

The results:  10 shot at ten yards, CPHP 7.9 (one flyer in the 6 ring, rushed my shot from excitement)    :(

Phase two will be the "holy grail of plastic pump arms", solid roll and pump arm pins and a 12" barrel. A TKO when funds become available. You guys have corrupted me.    ;D

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

matty

That's an excellent grouping!

I posted this in the other thread but I really like the BSA.  Once dialed in they are awesome.

As for the TKO I don't think any guns I own from now on will be without one.  It makes a huge difference.

mudduck48

Everyone says to knock the roll pins out from right to left on the pump arm and the front roll pin. When I did mine, I put the pin punch in the holes to see if I had the roll pin centered.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Tater

Thanks guys, and good tips mudduck.
I got wife-al approval for all the parts (early Bday presents so she doesn't have to get me anything), except for the 12" barrel. I'm sure she will shoot it as is tonight, but when that barrel arrives..... I need a plan.

* See, I held off from saying she would notice the extra 2"   :-X
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

earlp8

chongman

Good on ya Tater  :-* I'm glad you got it together and enjoying the pistol. When are you starting the next one  ;D
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

RUSTER

Good group Tater... be carefuly with "flying pellets"!(I make a hole in mi living room :D :D :D)
Menaldi CO2,Leapers 6x9x50,utg bipod
KAFEMA .177 (1960 MOD)
Crosman 1377
Crosman 417,Shilba 4x32
QB57,Tasco 3x9x40

breakfastchef

Real nice build, Tater. You will be a force to be reckoned with if you start entering the monthly target competitions.
Larry

Tater

Thanks guys.

@ Earl - It's the stock barrel on it now. A 12" is coming at some point soon (I hope).

@Ruster - Hehe, it's happened here to (loose scope on a springer).

My wife tried it tonight too and did really well.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

nice shooting! :-*
comps? ???
glad you got it together!
no problem with the help thats what we are here for to learn.closed mouths dont get fed! ;)
funny you mentioned cleaning out my mailbox i was at 96 pages got it down to 62 it took over a week to get that much done.thats just the in box
its going to take until next year to get everything cleared
closed mouths dont get fed

Trophyhunter49

Nice shootin Tater :-*  Be very carefull ,You will be an Addict like the rest of us!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tater

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on October 29, 2012, 02:38:01 AM
  Nice shootin Tater :-*  Be very carefull ,You will be an Addict like the rest of us!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

To late.   :(
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Trophyhunter49

And it gooooos so deep till ther is nothing left. you will be standing in line at the blood bank, saying part parts ;D ;D ;D ;D

tinker

Glad to see everything worked out and a nice shooter emerged :-*

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!