Which Direction to Drive Out 1377 Pins?

Started by BDS, November 07, 2012, 08:55:34 PM

BDS

When removing the roll-pins for the 1377 pump handle, is there a proper/correct direction? i.e. drive out from the right side to left or vice versa?

The pins don't appear to be tapered but... the pump handle holes (right & left sides) may be two, different diameters?

Or, does it matter at all?
Brian

BigErn

Good question but I don't think it matters Brian.

Tater

I've read on this site to start from the right side to drive them out and then reinstall from the left side. I put on a 1389 forearm Monday and it worked for me but looking at the pins I'm not sure it mattered a whole lot.

Edit: I reused the stock pins if that matters.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

One of the pump tube holes was smaller on all of mine.  I use a 3/16 drill bit to make both holes the same size.  The pump arm hole must be drilled out to 7/32 if you are going to use the sleeve.
Stranded in California.

BigErn

Quote from: 7624452 on November 07, 2012, 10:03:50 PM
One of the pump tube holes was smaller on all of mine.  I use a 3/16 drill bit to make both holes the same size.  The pump arm hole must be drilled out to 7/32 if you are going to use the sleeve.

Is 3/16" the normal size for the pump arm pin holes?

Quote from: BigErn on November 07, 2012, 11:08:37 PM
Is 3/16" the normal size for the pump arm pin holes?
Like Mr 1377x says, "my brain just sparkled".  I was talking about the front pin when the subject is the pins that hold the forearm on.  The front (toward the barrel) hole is round and the rear hole is oblong.  The proper procedure is to put the front one in first, followed by the rear.  I do not believe it makes any difference which side you work from.
Stranded in California.

josey88

I don`t know in airguns , but with real firearms you always slide the pins out from right to left and , most specifically , insert them back in reverse , that is , from left to right .