13** one handed pumping?

Started by pelletlauncher, November 13, 2012, 06:28:44 PM

pelletlauncher

so, i broke my arm/wrist.  i'd appreciate recommendations on one handed pumping.  3 pumps is enough.  presently has a carbine stock; i can go back to pistol grips.  i'd like to leave the scope on.  thanks.

Crosshairs

Get one of these no pumping needed.
                                  Mike
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Crosman_2240/221
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

a vise ???
sit on the handle with the pump are overhanging the seat 
closed mouths dont get fed

ham484

I can pump my gun with one hand just fine ;D or have your girlfriend pump it for you ??? :-*
HAM

JEBert

OK, I have practiced shooting and reloading all of my PB's, (shotguns, rifles, pistols, and revolvers) either handed and with one hand immobilized so upon seeing this post, I had to try it.
I don't have any trouble pumping if I'm sitting down.  I put the grips between my legs, grip with the thighs, and pump.  It works better if I situate it with one side of the grips (depending on which hand is doing the pumping) facing my crotch because with the sights facing me, I can't get much grip on the gun because my knees hit each other before my thighs grip very securely.  It's even easier with the stock on it.  With the stock on, I set the butt on the chair between my thighs, grip it between the thighs, and pump.  Either handed.  Works better with the pump handle facing facing away, so you can pull the scope or barrel into the stomach/chest area when closing the pump handle and not have to push into the opposite shoulder or elbow (which may be injured but probably not with just a wrist injury).
Standing up is a little more difficult.  I was able to put the pistol grips in the crook of my other arm while I pump.  With the stock on, I have to put the butt under my off armpit and clamp it there with the off arm and pump.  If you are in a sling, that ain't gonna work.  I was able to grip the butt under my right armpit and pump several pumps with my right hand simulating my left in a sling but it was a little awkward.  Also, I could open the pump handle just by holding the gun by the pump handle and letting the gun hang down and just opening it against the weight of the gun and then, with the pump handle open, put the scope or barrel against my chest and closing the pump handle.  Nothing too difficult though.
I should mention, I do have the 1389 pump handle on mine, the OEM 1377 pump handle would probably have you being more careful to prevent pinching clothes or off arm skin in it without the stock on.
Have fun with it.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

KevinP

Quote from: pelletlauncher on November 13, 2012, 06:28:44 PM
so, i broke my arm/wrist. i'd appreciate recommendations on one handed pumping.  3 pumps is enough.  presently has a carbine stock; i can go back to pistol grips.  i'd like to leave the scope on.  thanks.

ouch hope you recover fast ...
Kevin
Albany, New York

BDS

Quote from: ham484 on November 13, 2012, 08:05:42 PM
I can pump my gun with one hand just fine ;D or have your girlfriend pump it for you ??? :-*

walked into that one!  :D  ;D
Brian

chongman

This one is going to get out of hand  :D ;D ;D ;D
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

BDS

Quote from: chongman on November 13, 2012, 09:28:17 PM
This one is going to get out of hand  :D ;D ;D ;D

I get it... out of "hand", Heh-heh-heh... he said "hand"
Brian

JEBert

QuoteThis one is going to get out of hand  :D ;D ;D ;D
And fast!  Somehow, I knew we could count on Brian.
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

cmj21973

Been there and done that, Boxer's fracture of the 5th metacarpal last year.

Pistol:
The way I pumped the 13xx was to rest the pistol grip on my leg, hold the back of the pistol with the bend of my elbow, cast hand, and pump with the good hand.

Rifle:
Rest buttstock on floor; lean rifle against the inside of my knee and pump with good hand.

Tater

Quote from: cmj21973 on November 14, 2012, 05:39:00 AM
Been there and done that, Boxer's fracture of the 5th metacarpal last year.

I did the same thing last July. Couldn't afford to get the permanent cast so I just used the temporary one held on by Bandage wraps.
It's getting colder out now and man does it hurt when I'm outside for a while. Must not have healed right.

Bottom line - Let it heal correctly!
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

who taught you guys how to punch?;D dont even know if thats how you got the boxers break ;)
lucky for i havent experienced it
did almost break my wrist hitting a guy so hard he flew out of his shoes.the first time i hit a guy that hard my wrist was stronger
closed mouths dont get fed

cmj21973

Quote from: 1377x on November 14, 2012, 06:03:14 AM
who taught you guys how to punch?;D dont even know if thats how you got the boxers break ;)
lucky for i havent experienced it
did almost break my wrist hitting a guy so hard he flew out of his shoes.the first time i hit a guy that hard my wrist was stronger

Fridge still has knuckle prints, except for the one that broke. ;D

Cold weather is going to affect any broken bone, whether it was set right or not.

Tater

I stupidly punched a metal bathroom stall door after losing a several thousand dollar commission at a time when I REALLY needed the money. Very stupid, especially for someone my age (47).
I didn't hit it square and hit it mostly with the knuckle on my little finger. I guess the bone behind it breaks kind of easily.

Calcium deficiency?  ;D

Edit after reading cmj's post. The stall door still has a dent in it too.   
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs