Rear sight for Crosman steel breech

Started by 7624452, November 16, 2012, 09:48:42 PM

Bill L.

Quote from: BDS on December 18, 2012, 11:34:03 PM
JB Weld? Yikes!

Go with the silcone RTV, I would hate to try to bang that sight out of it's slot once the JB weld is there  :D  (or do you mean fill and machine back to 60 deg?)

All jb is is epoxy with a  metal filler.Just heat it up (about 600 degres ) and it will pop lose.If it is a tight fit I may use locktite :).
I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.

bc5000

Quote from: 7624452 on December 18, 2012, 10:30:33 PM
The LPA MIM is now available at Crosman.  I just made a phone order and they added it to my order (part#2300-010).  I told them that they were not available when I ordered a custom 2300.  The web site shipping charge was almost sixteen dollars, so I passed that up.

I had the LPA MIM in my cart at Pyramyd Air for a long time. Then they raised the price and I started kicking myself for not buying it already. But the system let me go ahead and checkout at the original price.

I called Crosman to see if they could ship the sight thru USPS since it would cost so much for ground, but they said no. If PA don't get them in before long I may just pay the extra $16 and order from Crosman.

mudduck48

Quote from: bc5000 on December 22, 2012, 08:22:00 PM
I had the LPA MIM in my cart at Pyramyd Air for a long time. Then they raised the price and I started kicking myself for not buying it already. But the system let me go ahead and checkout at the original price.

I called Crosman to see if they could ship the sight thru USPS since it would cost so much for ground, but they said no. If PA don't get them in before long I may just pay the extra $16 and order from Crosman.
Rumor has it if you call Crosman and ask for the Custom Shop, parts you can order that sight for only $4.00 shipping, rumor has it.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

bc5000

Quote from: mudduck48 on December 23, 2012, 05:58:00 AM
Rumor has it if you call Crosman and ask for the Custom Shop, parts you can order that sight for only $4.00 shipping, rumor has it.

Thanks a lot, I will try that Monday.

Quote from: 7624452 on December 18, 2012, 10:30:33 PM
The LPA MIM is now available at Crosman.  I just made a phone order and they added it to my order (part#2300-010).  I told them that they were not available when I ordered a custom 2300.  The web site shipping charge was almost sixteen dollars, so I passed that up.
I received the sight today with the rest of my parts order.  I have not mounted it yet, but it looks to be perfectly constructed and fits the dovetail notch exactly.
Stranded in California.

BDS

Quote from: 7624452 on December 25, 2012, 04:57:38 AM
I received the sight today with the rest of my parts order.  I have not mounted it yet, but it looks to be perfectly constructed and fits the dovetail notch exactly.

good deal Art... the MIM is a nice piece of work, go slow finding/tightening the two mini socket heads that lock into the dovetail, they are straight on thru the holes when it's loose but tend to move off center a lil as the base moves/swings  into place, it's just how the design works.
Brian

bc5000

Apparently it's just a rumor. I called the custom shop and was told they only ship UPS and the shipping cost starts at over $10. The actual shipping to me is $15.52.

1377x

thats only if you get ahold of the right person
otherwise
allegedly you need the serial number of your ccs gun to get ccs parts
closed mouths dont get fed

bc5000

Pyramyd Air is now showing in stock.

ETA: There office is closed due to the blizzard.

Daysailer

Sorry late to the party..

I have a Williams WGRS on my "mostly stock" 1377.

i modified the factory front sight by adding 3/32" of JBweld type epoxy to the top of the blade
and then shaped it with a file....not too much pressure
Still going strong 3000+ pellets and 2 years later.

I have used this pistol in the CAPOF matches
A search on this forum and the tech section should  turn up a description of how I made this extension.
Adjust the wind, we cannot.....Adjust our sails (or windage), we should.

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

mudduck48

Quote from: bc5000 on December 26, 2012, 07:45:24 PM
Apparently it's just a rumor. I called the custom shop and was told they only ship UPS and the shipping cost starts at over $10. The actual shipping to me is $15.52.
I have received 3 shipments from Crosman since September and all 3 came USPS. Mayby they changed their policy on shipping.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

BDS

Same here, parts orders that included 3 sets of grips, and another that had 3 ea of the 2289 pumper handles, not exactly "flat" letter like pkgs and all were USPS $4 type shipments.
Brian

Tater

Nice job on the site Daysailor. Looks good.  :-*
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

targettgii

I want to use the wgrs on my 1322 I think,don't know for sure still planning.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T