Wood stock

Started by cohiba, November 21, 2012, 06:06:34 PM

cohiba

So i have the 2250 xe outdoorsman

I really like the wood stock and forearm on these guns.

BUT i would love to find someone that could do a exact same shoulder stock with a forarm that is as long as you have on a 13xx. I think that would be bitchin. As yall know i am modding mine to  a pcp with the disco air tube and the BNM breech/ shroud set up. So being longer then normal i feel the longer forearm would feel better and visually be more balanced.

Any ideas who i should hit up for a task like this? I built a rack in my shop and i look at these guns side by side eveyday and visualize this way too much. The 13xx one i have are from RB, i wonder if he has done or would do a set? Im sure other folks might be interested as well if he did. Especially in the shoulder stock.

Imagine the stock/ forearm out of maple, or zebra wood? Even a curly walnut? Or even ......................

So you get the idea. Lol

PC77

When i first the title to your thread "Wood Stock" i was suddenly back in the sixty's in a drug induced comma. 8) If you can find a black powder gun smith or gun builder he would have no problem doing what you are asking. Most of these guys will do it with just hand tools. These guys are usually well stocked with stock slabs.
pc

BDS

RB might be willing to look at this (again) but... years back he decided that a $150+ wood stock was not what people were willing to pay (+ forearm = $175)

I think he was/is right, especially since camo and the CF look have overtaken wood by a factor of 10 in the past five years.

Isn't Crosman still at $175-ish for theirs? which is never available?
Brian

cohiba

Yes that is correct never available, unless you order a Crosman custom shop, or the 2250xe outdoorsman that i have.

ped

try ian (bl4de rr1) he does some fantastic work
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com