Who makes a Lother barrel for the 2240?

Started by airkrazy, November 27, 2012, 05:53:37 AM

airkrazy

I'm considering replace the barrel on my 2250xt. I was wondering if a lother option is out there. I did see Crosman offers a 10 inch in .177. I s this my only option? Some one told me that there is no advantage in the lother barrel on these guns and said the Crosman barrels are just as good. I'm currently having some grouping issues and thinking of trying to recrown the 14inch barrel it came with. I'd be willing to change to .177 , I just want a accurate piece to shoot in some matches. The current set up has a Boss valve with a 9oz co2 bottle. I was going to move to HPA when I get the extra funds to order a bottle and reg. ???

pirouge

if your plans are to shoot in competitive matches by all means a Lothar barrel is the way to go, other wise I find the crosman barrels more than adequate. Re-crowning helps but so does pellet selection. My most accurate fps occur around 400fps in both my  modified 1389T .177 and my modified 2240 .22  of course both my carbine/pistol will shoot much higher, and that's where pellet selection comes in, heavier= slower, more knock down, lighter= faster, flatter, less knock down, its a never ending game between punch & speed & accuracy.  Practice is the key.

Fronzdan

For 55 bucks or so, you can get the Lothar Walther barrel from Crosman that will show clear improvements, especially on paper and in competitions.  That's if you can live with the smaller caliber.  It's true, someCrosman barrels can come close, especially longer ones.  They might need a new crown, some polishing etc.  I even have one bone stock, not even cleaned from the factory, that shoots very well in a 1377.  But the LW is still better...and you just drop it in.  There are others that will make an LW barrel for you in different lengths and calibers, but I don't think as cheap as the one from Crosman.

And yes...pellet selection is an important part in any of the barrels.

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

mountainair airguns also supplies lw barrel for crosman guns
closed mouths dont get fed

eric

Quote from: 1377x on November 27, 2012, 09:50:02 PM
mountainair airguns also supplies lw barrel for crosman guns
he does but really only .20 and .25 cal . he could get something else but so could you --- the waiting game from LW is 6 to 8 weeks .101 + shipping for a barrel blank ,then machine work for a crown and prep for the given gun 80+ then shipping back and forth with more time.that is unless you can do it or know someone local . a LW from crosman (10.1" or the challeger barrel) would be you best bet money and time wise imo.
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

airkrazy

Quote from: eric on November 28, 2012, 12:57:45 AM
he does but really only .20 and .25 cal . he could get something else but so could you --- the waiting game from LW is 6 to 8 weeks .101 + shipping for a barrel blank ,then machine work for a crown and prep for the given gun 80+ then shipping back and forth with more time.that is unless you can do it or know someone local . a LW from crosman (10.1" or the challeger barrel) would be you best bet money and time wise imo.
Hmmm. A .20 cal would be intereresting. I'm going to check with mountain air. Does any one know the part number for the Crosman .177 lothar? I don't see any way to order it on Crosman site.

1377x

dont you have to have the serial number to a ccs gun in order to get a ccs part?

Fronzdan

Nope.  You just have to order the 2300S barrel, not the CCS part. I have it written down somewhere and can post it tomorrow. But it can be found in the 2300s EVP

1377x

Quote from: Fronzdan on November 28, 2012, 06:25:34 AM
Nope.  You just have to order the 2300S barrel, not the CCS part. I have it written down somewhere and can post it tomorrow. But it can be found in the 2300s EVP
cool
didnt know the 2300s has a lw barrel
good to know
please post the number when you get a chance

Fronzdan

It's a 2300-002 "match barrel"...the same LW that is used in CCS builds.

Plekto

Mac 1 Airguns also has barrels for, well, whatever gun or caliber you desire.  I suggest a 12-14" barrel, though, for .22 because it needs more velocity to get the same sort of range out of it.  The downside, though is that it'll cost you $120 or more by the time you add in the blandk cost, the machining, and the shipping.

Of course, the proper way to get a .22 caliber match pistol is to get a Mac1 LD pistol.  No modifying anything - it'll do what you want right away. 

http://www.mac1airgun.com/ldpistol.html
$165 for the basic gun and maybe $100 more in options.  Swap the scope off of your existing pistol and you're good to go.

1377x

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Plekto

Note - that is his old site and that price (as of a couple of months ago) covered only the basic gun.  No grips, extra adapters, "brake", match barrel, or all of the rest.  A basic setup would run you maybe $300-400 if you just wanted to run CO2 and you had your own scope and rings.

It's a lifetime gun, though.  It'll do about 525-550fps with a 14.66 gr H&N field Target Trophy, IME.  It's basically what you get when you decide to stop tweaking with and messing around with the other Crosman pistols.   Well, or get a Marauder Pistol, that is.