who sells LDC's

Started by millipede, January 18, 2013, 05:41:16 AM

millipede

the only guy i can think of is charles mellon but i don't want to wait an eternity if i order one from him

KevinP

Try TKO .... you will like it ...   :-*  http://www.tko22.com/
Kevin
Albany, New York

1377x

if you want the best american made ldc then you have to go to neil clague
just remember when you go for the best it is not cheap
if you want a very nice ldc then you go to anthony storey
if you want the cookie cutter ldc the possible flaws then you go to the most common name you here
closed mouths dont get fed

KevinP

Quote from: 1377x on January 18, 2013, 11:58:49 AM
if you want the best american made ldc then you have to go to neil clague
just remember when you go for the best it is not cheap
if you want a very nice ldc then you go to anthony storey
if you want the cookie cutter ldc the possible flaws then you go to the most common name you here

Never had a Clague ..  I don't find the Storey any more effective then the TKO, for half the price.
Kevin
Albany, New York

BDS

IMO

TKO are in-expensive and have gotten better with the new "real" looking carbon fiber wrap (not the cheezy plastic stuff as before) but... they are a lil delicate due to the lightweight (a plus) construction

Storey LDC are all alum construction and more sturdy than a TKO, mostly basic flat black paint jobs and Anthony will do custom work for you

Clague LDC uses several types of metals and finishes and designs are a little nicer looking and he also does custom work, actually he does mostly custom work?

Brian

1377x

tko's craftsmanship is in question not the effectiveness!!!
the tko i received had this stringy stuff through out the tube and the hole looked fuzzy through the tube also
i was told tko doesnt stuff his ldcs but if you saw mine you would say different
you know that coily waste that comes off plastic and metal when drilling it thats what was all the way through my ldc.i am not the only one who had this issue either.on several different forums i read the same thing. i also read dont buy anything other than the carbon wrapped ldcs either because the black or what ever color is painted and soon after handling the paint starts flaking off.
anthony storey's ldc was cheaper than the tko and made a lot better i had a choice of matte or polished aluminum,unfinished for my choice of finishing,tailored to my needs and power level.if i wanted a real carbon fiber ldc it is available from anthony storey far from the cookie cutter.ha saked me questions on what i wanted out of it.i told him and a few days later it arrived.had to wait over a week for the tko i ordered closer to 14 days actually rather than the 4 days it took to get the astorey ldc
here is a pic of my anthony storey ldc

neil clagues ldcs are the same way, tailored to your needs and powerlevel. made of real carbon fiber not the carbon fiber wrap. he will ask you what you want out of a ldc.
havent read a bad word about his ldcs well not about the quality of them maybe the price though but you get what you pay for imo

BDS

Camera?  ??? Someday?   :D Maybe?  ;D :-*
Brian

1377x

Quote from: BDS on January 18, 2013, 07:17:21 PM
Camera?  ??? Someday?   :D Maybe?  ;D :-*
some day ;D
i for one need phto lessons before i buy one ;D

BDS

Naah, the new Canon cameras are fool proof, I'm proof of that  :D
Brian

chinaboy

Can someone provide a link to this Anthoney Storey.  Thanks

BDS

No website, just an email  selectivesalessrvc@sbcglobal.net

He will send you pics of his work and he will also make custom fit stuff for you
Brian

1377x

Quote from: BDS on January 19, 2013, 07:42:53 PM
No website, just an email  selectivesalessrvc@sbcglobal.net

He will send you pics of his work and he will also make custom fit stuff for you
he has a new e-mail addy
notasloud@hushmail.com

arkmaker †

Quote from: 1377x on January 19, 2013, 07:55:53 PM
he has a new e-mail addy
notasloud@hushmail.com

now that is an ingenious email addy  ;D
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

Quote from: arkmaker on January 19, 2013, 08:06:02 PM

now that is an ingenious email addy  ;D
sure had me laughing when he gave it to me
when i got the e-mail i was thinking i didnt send an e-mail to this person ??? only to find out it was anthony.pleasant guy to deal with most are then you have your rotten parts makers out there too that think their parts are made of gold and act accordingly.luckily he is not one of them
luckily a forum member answered my call and supplied me something to work with
now i have a self made,astorey,accustom and a very nice foreign made had 2 but got rid of one now i need it and wish i didnt sell it but it isnt anything that cant be replaced like my brass ldc if i had know the maker was no longer able to make them due to health problems i would still have it
lesson here is keep in touch with with parts suppliers even if you arent buying some dont want to be bothered unless its a sale but most arent like that