will this mount on 1377

Started by tipper1, January 20, 2013, 12:25:01 AM

tipper1

hey all new steel breech on my 1377 can i mount this sight on it ,will it be in the way of putting pellets in,is it worth the money ???  thanks

http://www.airsoftbunker.com/1x25-red-and-green-dot-reflex-sight-weaver-and-38-dovetail-basesilver       

1377x

yes it will
if you have 459 mounts or a breech with dovetail mounts like a crosman steel breech or 90% of the other aftermarket breeches out there
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

Because the sight you are looking at also has the ability to mount on the 3/8" dovetail it will work on your Crosman long steel breech. However, loading pellets will be a problem because there will not be much room beneath the sight base.

The sight has a length of 4.5" and a mounting base of 4.06" placing it over the loading port.  Better to find one that will mount on just the front section of the long steel breech.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

breakfastchef

Maybe BigErn will check in on this one. I recall he has the same sight on a 13xx or 22xx gun.
Larry

1377x

Quote from: breakfastchef on January 20, 2013, 12:40:26 AM
Maybe BigErn will check in on this one. I recall he has the same sight on a 13xx or 22xx gun.
i have this site on a gun here too
couldnt recall who it was that had it

tipper1

you think i could get away with using one mount,and push the sight towards the front of barrel to open up where i load the pellets  ??? i have fat fingers

quickster47 †

Quote from: tipper1 on January 20, 2013, 02:35:13 AM
you think i could get away with using one mount,and push the sight towards the front of barrel to open up where i load the pellets  ??? i have fat fingers

Personally, I don't think so because with one mounting point your sighting device will not be that stable.  Better bet would be to find a different sighting device.

Not sure why 1377x didn't answer your original question about will it interfere with the loading port.

But again, I really think it will simply because it appears to be a low profile type of mount.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

1377x

Quote from: quickster47 on January 20, 2013, 02:53:31 AM
Personally, I don't think so because with one mounting point your sighting device will not be that stable.  Better bet would be to find a different sighting device.

Not sure why 1377x didn't answer your original question about will it interfere with the loading port.

But again, I really think it will simply because it appears to be a low profile type of mount.

Carl

here is the complete answer to the question,then ;)
hope it satisfies any doubts if it will fit or gets in the way of loading
nothing better than a visual
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,8197.msg88705.html#msg88705

quickster47 †

Also take note of what BigErn said about the dot size, it's huge!

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

tipper1

thanks 13xx for the post that's what i was looking for.well back to the internet huge dot will not work for me,guess i need to look for a 3 moa dot, really liked the silver too.thanks all for your help sure glad i asked.  8)

BigErn

Sorry I am late on this, that sight will work on the Crosman breech and it does not get in the way of the loading port. However, the dot on the sight is HUGE! More like 8 MOA. It's ok with the green dot on the max setting outdoors since you can see the target THROUGH the dot. The red dot has to be on the lowest setting to see the target again THROUGH the dot. I can't really recommend this sight but it does look cool and it was cheap. Great for plinking cans and spinners but not good for target shooting.

quickster47 †

Sounds like it would be a reasonable addition to the Backpacker Bugout Kit that was on sale at Walmart and various other places.

It would definitely add a level of visual coolness to the 1322 along with the quick disconnect stock.

Of course one would need to add the Crosman long steel breech but that would be okay.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

tipper1

thanks BigErn,looking for the cool factor plus kill zone (seeing it) ,3/8 mounts hard to find in a mini.

1377x

Quote from: tipper1 on January 20, 2013, 01:54:43 PM
thanks 13xx for the post that's what i was looking for.well back to the internet huge dot will not work for me,guess i need to look for a 3 moa dot, really liked the silver too.thanks all for your help sure glad i asked.  8)
a millet sp-1 should work for you
it used to come in silver but know about now
it is listed as 3moa from millet and the dot isnt that big
just replace the 1" weaver rings it comes with,th ereplacement rings would be 1" 3/8 dovetail rings also known as 22lr rings or air gun rings
http://www.millettsights.com/scopes/sp-series-red-dot/

chongman

Long days and pleasant nights to you...