What did I do wrong here?

Started by Tater, January 20, 2013, 04:08:27 AM

PC77

Tater, I did not understand what you were saying. Try adding a few washers on the the bottom of the spring like in the pic i posted. I think they are #8 washers and loosen the front cover screw a little.
pc

Tater

Great ideas guys. I only used 1000 grit wet/dry paper on the sear so doubt I changed the angle. I'll take a check out everything again tomorrow late or Wednesday when I have a .22 shell for a spring guide.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Daysailer

PC77,   great idea with the nylon spring guide.

Looks like this idea could be easily refined by playing with the length to leave it long enough
to become a trigger stop too. 

Kind of like the AC trigger parts of yester-year, were sized to make a trigger stop.
Adjust the wind, we cannot.....Adjust our sails (or windage), we should.

BDS

+1 to the other gents, find some .002" shim stock, most washers are waaay too thick, even so-called thin ones
Brian

1377x

Quote from: PC77 on January 21, 2013, 07:35:52 AM
Tater, I also use two  Trigger shims I loosen the front cover screw a little until the trigger works freely. A forum member gave me two rivets for trigger guides that have a flat head and a bevel to keep the spring centered. They worked well. When i was looking around at ace for a guide for my third gun i found some  nylon flat head screws that worked really well the nylon slides very good  on the sear.
pc

thats a good idea
if you were to widen the slot in the screw the sear will fall into it like a sear guide too
i have some nylon screws im going to try this with.you know they make good recoil buffers in ruger 10-22's also
i have been using the same nylon screw for two years as a recoil buffer thats why i have extras to in my stock trigger group.might have to turn one down to size
thanks for posting
closed mouths dont get fed

AS13

I'll go with trigger spring tension. Recently had the same problem with my 2400KT. I modified the spring and had it set so light that the sear would not engage. Adjusted the tension via the spring adjuster (more tension) and it works fine now.
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

1377x

the only time i had the trigger not reset was when i used shims to thick and tightened same with the sear
i ended up taking the wave washer out of the trigger and used two small shims for the trigger and one shim to keep the sear away from the frame it lined up better with the trigger no shim on the side plate side
no more problem i also doubled up the trigger spring beccause it was to light after it was doubled up it was still nice and light and no more problems

BDS

Yes... what 1377 said... the alignment along centerline (looking down at the sear and trigger from above) is important too. Using same thickness shim or washers on backside of both will keep them aligned.
Brian

cheewee

have tried the nylon screw with the slot enlarged for the sear and it worked quite well, but did end up going back to a rounded brass just seemed to feel better for me.
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.

Tater

When I get to Ace again, I'll definitely pick a few nylon screws to try out. It's nice that all this stuff is so cheap there (springs, washers, screws...), makes it easy to experiment.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

breakfastchef

Have you tried to simply back off the grip frame plate screws yet?
Larry

arkmaker †

Quote from: cheewee on January 21, 2013, 08:48:33 PM
have tried the nylon screw with the slot enlarged for the sear and it worked quite well, but did end up going back to a rounded brass just seemed to feel better for me.

I wonder if we could get away with using a solid domed top guide or would the sear be trying to slip off one side or the other??

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

cheewee

Quote from: arkmaker on January 22, 2013, 12:34:37 AM
I wonder if we could get away with using a solid domed top guide or would the sear be trying to slip off one side or the other??

Rich

might be worth a try. when you look at it the sear really doesnt slide much on the guide it really only pushes down on it. mine just has a slight curve on the face.
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.

1377x

Quote from: arkmaker on January 22, 2013, 12:34:37 AM

Rich
with shims holding the sear in place and the square channel the spring rides in it will keep things pretty stable even if you dont use the shims for the sear
someone recommended rivets they have a slightly domed top no problems with that.the less surface it has to ride on the smoother it will be
try like a dome screw or something

Tater

Quote from: breakfastchef on January 22, 2013, 12:08:02 AM
Have you tried to simply back off the grip frame plate screws yet?
No, it's working fine now. I just need to lighten it up a bit. My wife is picking me up a few .22 shells from a range tonight and tomorrow I'll try adding one in as a guide.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs