What did I do wrong here?

Started by Tater, January 20, 2013, 04:08:27 AM

BDS

Tater... use an un-fired .22 cal case with no hammer dent on the end. Pull the bullet out with pliers, dump out the powder (not in the ash tray! :D ) and scrape the small amount of primer out of the crimped rim inside with a toothpick, watch, it may pop like a cap gun so hold away from face. Clean out case with a swab and you have a virgin barss with no dent.
Brian

KevinP

Quote from: BDS on January 22, 2013, 04:43:22 PM
Tater... use an un-fired .22 cal case with no hammer dent on the end. Pull the bullet out with pliers, dump out the powder (not in the ash tray! :D ) and scrape the small amount of primer out of the crimped rim inside with a toothpick, watch, it may pop like a cap gun so hold away from face. Clean out case with a swab and you have a virgin barss with no dent.

would be best to spray a little wd40 in it and let it sit overnight ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

Tater

Quote from: BDS on January 22, 2013, 04:43:22 PM

Unfortunately, the ones I'm getting tonight will have the dent in them already. The only .22 ammo I have is sub-sonic. I'll check but I think the shells on them are really short.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

Quote from: Tater on January 22, 2013, 06:22:39 PM
Unfortunately, the ones I'm getting tonight will have the dent in them already. The only .22 ammo I have is sub-sonic. I'll check but I think the shells on them are really short.
as long as its long rifle the casing is the same size even if its not the length doesnt matter
closed mouths dont get fed

WyoMan

Quote from: Tater on January 22, 2013, 06:22:39 PM
I've used those Tater and then took a dremel to grind / polish...
also helps to put a little taper on the open end so the spring coils will slide over easy  :-*

Ed here's one for your new 100 fpe build  :D
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

1377x

30mm
might be a little under sized ;) ;D
closed mouths dont get fed