2260 Sights

Started by mudduck48, August 05, 2015, 09:50:34 PM

mudduck48

All right boys and girls, I finally got around to taking the barrel and breech off my 2260. I left the set screw tight in the breech. I found that the transfer port IS lined up with the breech like it is supposed to be. Then I put the front sight back on right dead center of the flat on the barrel. It is hard to see in my pictures, but the front sight is leaning quite a bit to the left. This is telling me that my problem is with the barrel. Now what do I do? I'm thinking of taking a file and file the flat to where the sight will line up with the rear sight. Any other ideas? ??? ???   
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

BillK

You can't just rotate the sight on the end of the barrel?  Is that a Disco sight?
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Trophyhunter49

Duck I have faken a file and fix that problem before

mudduck48

Well, just for the fun of it, I put the stock breech back on. Left the Disco front sight on and tried it. The first target is the Disco sight. I took it off and put the FO front sight back on. I wound up with the rear sight blade all the way up and it was still shooting low. This thing is driving me nuts. I am going to file the flat on the barrel and put the steel breech back on, with the Disco front sight. Sight it back in and I think it is heading for the closet. :P :P

Trophyhunter49

??? Put you a scope onit !!  :-*

KevinP

I wound up with the rear sight blade all the way up and it was still shooting low.

?  file the slot in the rear sight so it will adjust taller ?
Kevin
Albany, New York

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: mudduck48 on September 18, 2015, 06:05:44 PM
Well, just for the fun of it, I put the stock breech back on. Left the Disco front sight on and tried it. The first target is the Disco sight. I took it off and put the FO front sight back on. I wound up with the rear sight blade all the way up and it was still shooting low. This thing is driving me nuts. I am going to file the flat on the barrel and put the steel breech back on, with the Disco front sight. Sight it back in and I think it is heading for the closet. :P :P
Don't put it in the CLOSET , send it to me to play with !! :)

mudduck48

10 carts and 350 pellets later, I GOT IT!! I took the thing apart again to put the steel breech back on. While I had the barrel out I took into the house and rolled it on out granite counter top and guess what? The barrel is bent. But, who has ever seen a straight Crosman barrel? Filed the flat a little, put it back together and tried to sight it in. I know it likes the Hobby pellets, so that is what I used. Don't know what exactly what happened, but it works now.  :-\ :-\ :-* :-*

Trophyhunter49

:-*  Good deal there Mr. Duck ! :)

Noah

"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

BillK

Congrats!  Glad you finally got that wily 2260 tamed. :-*
Too nice of a gun for the closet. 
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

mudduck48

I stuffed another cart in her this after noon and grabbed me a beer. Started shooting the Hobby pellets first. She likes the Hobby pellets. Then I gave her the RWS misterkruglin pellets. She really liked them. So, after that, I gave her a name, "HIGH DOLLAR", why? because she likes the high dollar pellets. The targets are me sitting on my stool, 20ft from the target.  She is good to go now. Now I can work on the Daisy 850 and get it working. :-* :-*

Noah

"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.