2260 Sights

Started by mudduck48, August 05, 2015, 09:50:34 PM

mudduck48

OK, I took that other rear sight off and put a Williams sight on that I had. Took the front sight off and looked at it, it looked OK. Taped the front sight back on, looked through the rear sight and the front sight was canted to the left. Reached up and could turn the front sight to straighten it up. How can I keep this front sight from moving? IMO, there is no need to try to sight this thing in, with the front sight loose. Any ideas? ???
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

arkmaker †

You sure you have that front site tapped on all the way? It was solid before it left. At any rate, I have a box almost ready for you. Still looking for the manual, which I know is here somewhere! I will put a Disco front site in there as well as the original plastic breech, rear site and bolt. The bolt is actually pretty good. Brass and long brass handle. I like it anyway and almost kept it  ;) ........ but I know that you like to have all the stock stuff even when you mod. Am I right? I do have a stock front site as well, but it has seen better days. I'll throw it in there too.
Rich

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

BillK

A Disco front sight works very well on a 2260.  That said, the Disco rear sight works well also. ;)
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: mudduck48 on August 05, 2015, 09:50:34 PM
OK, I took that other rear sight off and put a Williams sight on that I had. Took the front sight off and looked at it, it looked OK. Taped the front sight back on, looked through the rear sight and the front sight was canted to the left. Reached up and could turn the front sight to straighten it up. How can I keep this front sight from moving? IMO, there is no need to try to sight this thing in, with the front sight loose. Any ideas? ???
A few drops of super glue!!

mudduck48

OK, I have been working on the sights on this rifle and I just about got it. I put my Williams sight on at the end of the steel breech and it was liking looking through a basket ball hoop. Put a grub screw in the front sight to keep it from moving, then moved the rear sight to the front of the breech. Not bad. Getting closer to getting this thing to working right. Going to try one more thing before I order some more parts. :-* :-*

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

KevinP

Lookin good  ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

mudduck48

Shot some more yesterday after noon. I think I have it as good as its going to get with what I have. Put my new Williams square notch sight blade on, blacked out the fiber optic front sight and went to work. Looks like I might have it now. :-*

Poorman Plinker

The set screw was a great idea. I usually just use a dab or silicone seal and that fills the gap and usually stays on for a few removals. The other day I was in a hurry to put a 2240 sight on a 1377 barrel and I wrapped the barrel end with teflon tape and that kept the sight from blowing off. If a person has the tools and the time the set screw seems like a very nice fix.  8)
The above information is written for entertainment purposes only; it applies only to the arms, equipment  and conditions under which the author's conclusions were drawn and should never be used as a substitute for professional assistance. The author assume no liability for damages (actual, incidental or consequential) resulting from use of the information or for the correctness of the information contained herein. The information is most likely not applicable to your situation and it cannot be generalized to any other equipment or conditions. Use of the information is at the users risk.

Trophyhunter49

KevinP

I had an issue once .... gave it a shot with the heat gun ,,,, worked well ...
Kevin
Albany, New York

Poorman Plinker

Bill K, I have been trying to figure out how to mount the Disco rear sight to the 22xx action (either plastic or metal) and can only figure putting it on the Williams base shown above. Do you have another method?  8)
The above information is written for entertainment purposes only; it applies only to the arms, equipment  and conditions under which the author's conclusions were drawn and should never be used as a substitute for professional assistance. The author assume no liability for damages (actual, incidental or consequential) resulting from use of the information or for the correctness of the information contained herein. The information is most likely not applicable to your situation and it cannot be generalized to any other equipment or conditions. Use of the information is at the users risk.

arkmaker †

Nice shooting Duckster!!! Disco front site will be in the mail on Monday. Never did get into town this weekend :-(
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

BillK

Quote from: Poorman Plinker on August 22, 2015, 06:49:09 PM
Bill K, I have been trying to figure out how to mount the Disco rear sight to the 22xx action (either plastic or metal) and can only figure putting it on the Williams base shown above. Do you have another method?  8)

I didn't put a divot in the barrel so I had to shorter the set screws that hold the sight base to the barrel.  The sight blades you got will fit in place of the sight that comes with the rear sight (1761-026).  You will also need the barrel sleeve (1761-013).  I would also order the set screws unless your hdwr store has 6-40 set screws.
The rear sight is similar to the WDOS Dovetail Sight except it is made to go on the Barrel Sleeve.  I comes with a fire sight also that you may like.
Here is a better pic of the sight.  I cut the sleeve down so it would fit closer to the breech on this build for my son.

West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Poorman Plinker

Thanks for the help BillK  :-* I have the whole sight assembly and the 6-40 screw. I did not think to grab the barrel sleeve because it would have been a bit invasive.(the sights came off a buddy's gun in exchange for mounting a scope) Perhaps I will put that on my next Crosman order and then I can use the whole sight. For now, as you say, I have the fire sight mounted on the Williams base.  8)