Shooting paper

Started by mackelby, February 01, 2013, 05:00:50 AM

cheewee

i believe there is a rubber mating made from recycled tires, would have a semi healing effect. cant remember if i have seen it for workshop floors or horse stalls, maybe both. hmm i might even try that myself it it was durable enough might even just cut it into squares and fill the trap,
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.

Tater

Quote from: mackelby on February 02, 2013, 04:58:12 PM
Seeing as how I cannot figure out how to put a previous comment in blue to respond to a certain part of a comment, I will cut a and paste. Carl, you said "Another thing I am building is a new target box that uses rubber mulch made from old tires and such.  My problem is how to keep the stuff in place after you put it in a box." I was wondering would saran wrap work? Maybe if it wasn't stretched to tight?

I just highlight the text you want blue and pick blue from the menu on the top right.

Edit: Unless you meant the quote function. Instead of reply, just hit the quote button on the right of their post.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

ajhuff

I know what would work. I should gets royalty for this.

Ready?

Sod.

-AJ

AgentWD40_FL

You guys talk of duct seal.  What about plumbers putty? It can be found in the HVAC section and plumbing section
Flying Dragon XS60C .22 Co2 Air Rifle w/Hawke Sport HD 3-9X40 AO Scope
Hatsan Mod 25 Supercharger .177
Crosman 38T .177 (Circa 1976)
Crosman 38C .22 (Circa 1963-1974)
Crosman Mark 1 Target .22 (Circa 1970's)
Crosman 1740 (2240 Modded) Carbine w/Bushnell 3-9X32
Crosman 2300KT CCS .177 w/Tasco 2x20
Crosman 1377 w/BSA Red Dot
Beeman P-17
Gamo PT-85 w/Laser Sight
Crosman 357

Fronzdan

Duct seal is denser/harder and does a better job of stopping and absorbing the pellet.  I need about 5" to stop pellets from my Talon.

breakfastchef

Quote from: AgentWD40_FL on February 03, 2013, 01:50:40 AM
You guys talk of duct seal.  What about plumbers putty? It can be found in the HVAC section and plumbing section

No to plumbers putty. It can barely stop a BB.
Larry

JEBert

QuoteSeeing as how I cannot figure out how to put a previous comment in blue to respond to a certain part of a comment, I will cut a and paste.
mackelby,
Tater's method works if you want to quote the entire post.  If you want to just quote part of it, I do it this way:
Highlight just the question or just the part  you want to reply to, right-click and choose Paste.  Then hit the Reply button and right-click in the text box.  OK, I know you know how to cut and paste.  You said as much so that was for anyone that might not know that part.  Then I highlight the text that I pasted and then click on the little quote button (just above the  ??? smiley).  That puts that text in the blue box as a quote.  Then I type my comment or answer.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)