Hello Trail NP Pistol Owners

Started by BDS, April 02, 2013, 02:57:03 PM

BDS

Watching this thread with interest, I have several airguns that have muzzle brakes or deeply recessed shrouds or, LDCs on a half dozen 22XXs and 13XXs and have never seen this as an issue. RC reported that his Ruger break-barrel pistol is a two hole shooter at 10 meters with or without the assist on, no diff. You might think that an LDC offers more chance of turbulence or interrupted airflow than any hollow tube and yet, I don't even see small changes in POI with or without the LDC on the Cros pistols.

All things mechanical can (usually) be explained by observation and measurement and incremental testing, I think we are still in the anecdotal phase here, real observations but uncontrolled testing, and only anecdotal evidence?
Brian

arkmaker †

POI can really go whacky with an LDC. Today I was shooting a 2240 that has a LDC that I made for a .177 barrrel. Well the pellets were not clipping, that I could tell, but the POI was sure all over the place. I took it off and put on the one I made for a .22 barrel and all is well. I need to open up the inner cone a tad and see if that will cure it.

But yes, change the air flow incorrectly and you are in for seat of the pants shooting!!  ;D  I was thinking it so very strange that Crosman let this out with something of this nature. They had to have seen it. Had to!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

BDS

All my TKO LDCs are .22 caliber even for .177 guns, that way they go on any of the guns without wondering... what caliber?

.22 cal TKO on a .177 gun is only 2db louder than a .177 TKO (using my cheapo Radio Shack decibel-meter)

Brian

KevinP

Well ...I have been thinking again ... :o perhaps not the best thing for me to do ...
if one was to bore out the assist a little, do you thing that would help ?
Kevin
Albany, New York

BerkshireHunter

Quote from: BDS on April 10, 2013, 04:19:12 PM
All my TKO LDCs are .22 caliber even for .177 guns, that way they go on any of the guns without wondering... what caliber?

.22 cal TKO on a .177 gun is only 2db louder than a .177 TKO (using my cheapo Radio Shack decibel-meter)
I was thinking of sticking with .22 on any future tko's. Have a .177, but can't use it on the .22s.

seagullplayer

Quote from: KevinP on April 10, 2013, 04:24:09 PM
Well ...I have been thing again ... :o perhaps not the best thing for me to do ...
if one was to bore out the assist a little, do you thing that would help ?

Not likely Kevin, the inside of the cocking assist is at least as big as the outside diameter of the barrel.

I would say it has to do with the fact that the barrel does not go into the assist, there is a small gap between the end of the barrel and the plastic cocking assist (only on the bottom side).  As air rushes out the end of the muzzle, air would be pulled into the cocking assist thru the gap?  I plan to try to tape over the gap when I get home tonight, if I get the chance.  Will not take long to see any result.
Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...

mudduck48

Here is my review of this China Junk posted on the Crosman web site.
There is 4 main things about this gun that make it Junk. 1. the rear sight., The rear sight moves when you shoot the gun. No mater how much you try to tighten the screw, it will move. I have the rear sight up as far as it will go and it still shoots 1" low with Crosman pellets. 2; the front sight. The front sight is Duck poop. The barrel does not go all the way out to the end of the plastic sight and that makes pellets shoot all over the place. 3 The trigger. The trigger is WAY to heavy. And 4; the cocking assist. With the cock assist in place you will shoot 2" to 4" low. I wish I had never waisted my money on this thing. DO NOT BUY, YOU WILL BE WAISTING YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!! Buy a 2240 and you will have a better gun to shoot.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

mudduck48

OK, here we go. The Trail NP is junk! Here is one of the reasons it does not shoot well. I have read alot of posts about the "crown" on the muzzle of the barrel afecting the accuracy. Well, this gun does not have a crown. My 1377,1322 and my 2240 all have the end of the barrel out past the plastic sight. Now the crown comes into effect. Look at the picture and you will see that the Trail NP barrel is back into the plastic sight about 1/2", this effects the pellet when it leaves the barrel. Add on the cocking device, and it get nuts. This is IMO.

Crosshairs

I think if you drill out the front on the assist thing and have 1/8"around the edge it would shoot better.  ??? Just a idea.
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

blake.l

Well so far my thoughts are that's its a tad to heavy, Not to hard to cock but with my bad wrist about 15-20 cocks and I'm done ;D So far have had no trouble with sights coming loose.. Think I'm going to try to remove the front site and do a crown... Think I'm gonna pass down to my 13yr old as he can cock it better than me. As for the shooting goes it shoots very good without the assist, I've already got it in the works for a custom muzzle brake..

UPDATE:

I got the front sight of with just a little twisting back and forth..(don't try to twist it off its got a flat spot on the barrel that mates with the sight) to loosen the glue and it slips right off.. And "YES" it has a CROWN.. looks exactly like the crown on my Lothar Walther barrels you get from Crosman It has a flat face and a small crown close in to the barrels opening... OK, thought I'd solve another so called problem which I don't know if it was or not so I said what the heck... No more plastic past the barrel!!! And if you look closely you can see the crown.

BigErn

Quote from: blake.l on April 15, 2013, 07:55:17 AM
Well so far my thoughts are that's its a tad to heavy, Not to hard to cock but with my bad wrist about 15-20 cocks and I'm done ;D So far have had no trouble with sights coming loose.. Think I'm going to try to remove the front site and do a crown... Think I'm gonna pass down to my 13yr old as he can cock it better than me. As for the shooting goes it shoots very good without the assist, I've already got it in the works for a custom muzzle brake..

UPDATE:

I got the front sight of with just a little twisting back and forth..(don't try to twist it off its got a flat spot on the barrel that mates with the sight) to loosen the glue and it slips right off.. And "YES" it has a CROWN.. looks exactly like the crown on my Lothar Walther barrels you get from Crosman It has a flat face and a small crown close in to the barrels opening... OK, thought I'd solve another so called problem which I don't know if it was or not so I said what the heck... No more plastic past the barrel!!! And if you look closely you can see the crown.

Hey Blake, did I you cut the plastic brake to be even with the barrel? It looks great that way and I bet it shoots better too.

blake.l

BigErn, Yes.. once I had the front sight removed I did a lil measuring and broke out the Dremel and a cutoff wheel and ended up with what you see...

quickster47 †

Blake great job on the front end mod.   :-*

Hopefully that will help others in their quest for Trail NP nirvana.  :)

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

BDS

Quote from: blake.l on April 15, 2013, 01:55:32 PM
BigErn, Yes.. once I had the front sight removed I did a lil measuring and broke out the Dremel and a cutoff wheel and ended up with what you see...

Ern... are you on the way to Home Depot yet for some Dremel wheels ??? :D  ;D
Brian

mudduck48

OK, it has a crown, but does it shoot better now with the plastic off the end of the barrel?