Hello Trail NP Pistol Owners

Started by BDS, April 02, 2013, 02:57:03 PM

seagullplayer

Quote from: BDS on April 06, 2013, 06:59:52 PM
To All: If you are experiencing this change in where the pellet hits on target when leaving the cocking assist ON, please take a min. and send an email to Chip at Crosman on this issue...his email is:  social@crosman.com  or, you can use the Cros Facebook page if you are so inclined but, it's a lil too public for my liking on feedback like this, doesn't give Chip much room to be objective IMO.

Send Chip a pdf or jpeg of your with and without assist targets if you can.

My review is the second posted on the Crosman sight "Gull".  Almost every review mentions the cocking assist as a problem.  If Chip is reading the Crosman sight, he should know by now.
Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...

KBR97

Yea they have got to know by now. I think 5/6 reviews on the site mentioned.
1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

Fronzdan

I appreciate the reviews.  Based on what I've read, I cancelled my order from PA.  Just too many issues to deal with.  I'll get more enjoyment out of more custom parts!

brz-ryder †

Quote from: KBR97 on April 08, 2013, 12:57:04 PM
Yea they have got to know by now. I think 5/6 reviews on the site mentioned.
Iagree they sould be reading the reviews for their new np pistol i did one and said about the assist problem you`d think they would get back to ppl they have the email addys

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

KBR97

Two things that I kept thinking about was...

1. how did this get passed crosman? After doing testing they should have known that the assist causes issues with accuracy.

2. If they did figure it out, which I find it very hard to believe that they didn't....Why would they release the pistol to the customers without addressing the problem or advertising the assist as "non-functional" while shooting. Make the customers aware that the pistol is capable of shooting with it attached but accuracy will suffer.
1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

brz-ryder †

Most likly they really don`t care just want to sell guns why care if they work the way they should

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

Brent

I have been wondering how this got past Crosman also. Not from a disgust aspect towards them... more of a surprised they didn't realize it... or if they did, that they couldn't have known/ seen this was going to bite them in the as* on the PR side of things ???

Kinda feel sorry for them, and for the gun. It appears to be a good shooter (without the Assist attached), from all I have read and seen - but it makes it a hard to work with one at that, if you can't easily use the cocking aid  ???

Leaves a market open for someone to design and build a new/ nice cocking aid accessory now though. If it looks good, and lets the gun shoot straight, it should become a "must have" accessory. ;)

Tater

Quote from: Brent on April 09, 2013, 05:08:52 AM
I have been wondering how this got past Crosman also. Not from a disgust aspect towards them... more of a surprised they didn't realize it... or if they did, that they couldn't have known/ seen this was going to bite them in the as* on the PR side of things ???

Kinda feel sorry for them, and for the gun. It appears to be a good shooter, from all I have read and seen - but it makes it a hard to work with one at that, if you can't easily use the cocking aid  ???

Leaves a market open for someone to design and build a new/ nice cocking aid accessory now though. If it looks good, and lets the gun shoot straight, it should become a "must have" accessory. ;)

Good point! Someone could make some good $ making one.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

seagullplayer

I would like to see someone with a chronograph tell us if the pellet is really slowed down that much to cause it to drop, or if its just trajectory change.

Several folks have mentioned drilling some holes in it to see if it helps.  I think that might be worth a try.

My guess is that it is causing a disturbance in the air just outside the muzzle as air is expelled at high speed.  Causing a tumbling of the pellet in its flight.  Mine seems to just shoot lower, not much effect side to side.

I guess a high speed camera could tell?

Perhaps four holes drilled evenly just outside where the barrel stops in the assist would help.  This might keep pressure down/even at the point where the pellet/air leaves the muzzle.

I should just try it, as it stands now I am not planning to shot the gun with the assist in place anyway.   ???

Wish I had a handful of them to play with, like Crosman does!   :P

Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Sir William

Regarding the inaccuracies apparently caused by the "cocking assist" extension part thing.  First thing is a very small gap at the leading edge of the "port" on the underside of the thing.  Where the end of the barrel meets the port.  Second thing is the shallow void in the roof of the piece.  Inside.  Both of these issues might be causing a small but noticeable disruption of airflow.  Well, perhaps?  ???

Sir William

Does anyone else think this pistol's trigger needs hydraulic assist? Or perhaps Crosman might have supplied a gorilla with each pistol to pull the trigger? ;)

seagullplayer

Quote from: Sir William on April 09, 2013, 03:30:40 PM
Regarding the inaccuracies apparently caused by the "cocking assist" extension part thing.  First thing is a very small gap at the leading edge of the "port" on the underside of the thing.  Where the end of the barrel meets the port.  Second thing is the shallow void in the roof of the piece.  Inside.  Both of these issues might be causing a small but noticeable disruption of airflow.  Well, perhaps?  ???

You are right about that, maybe the first thing to try would be a piece of tape over this opening and test the result.  ???
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Fronzdan

I'm really curious about this issue.  Can you guys post some pics of it off and on the gun?  I don't doubt the results because as I said, I saw an impact with a cocking assist thing on another break barrel pistol too.  But you can stick all kinds of brakes and LDCs on these things with no impact...what is it about this plastic tube that's a lot bigger than the actual pellet that causes a problem?

Crosshairs

I was thinking if you all send your guns back crosman might wake up.
                                 Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Fronzdan

Interesting....PA had them as coming in stock on the 5th.  That's now changed to the 15th.  I wonder if they held back on shipping to work out these issues?