The Benjamin Trail NP Pistol

Started by BigErn, April 05, 2013, 05:01:42 PM

BigErn

Quote from: WyoMan on April 19, 2013, 03:51:44 PM
Very well done Big E  :-* Thank you for sharing innovations and being pioneer on this one glad you were willing  :-*
If your dovetail mounts continue to slip here is a tip I got on the green:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/message/1366132437/One+piece+mounts%28they+don%27t+have+to+be+expensive%29+and+a+tiny+smear

Thanks Wyo! That's a great tip thanks for sharing  :-* 

BigErn

Quote from: RC1947 on April 19, 2013, 04:00:55 PM
Nice work Ern!  For mounting scopes on piston guns, a one piece BKL mount will not move. RC

I will try that RC :-*  Do you happen to have a pic of that one piece mount? The reason I ask is that the dovetail on the pistol is kinda round. I know the UTG dovetail to weaver adapter will not work on this one because that one is flat on the bottom. I have a feeling this gun might be a scope and dot sight killer  :D 

BigErn

Two more pics I took yesterday with the new brake.

KevinP

looks way much nice ... what about poi ... problem solved ?
Kevin
Albany, New York

BDS

Very nice Ern, it will not only BE better but looks 100% better too  :-*

If that BSA dot keeps moving on you, get a very narrow dovetail to weaver type mount for it like this one, it has 4 screws and will stay in place. Those thumbscrews on the BSA sights are too wimpy for a spring gun mount. Your BSA mounts can be flipped over to use the weaver side and the screw shanks will lock into the weaver grooves.  :-*
Brian

BigErn

Quote from: RC1947 on April 19, 2013, 06:56:33 PM
Various BKL choices. Made in Texas very solid. RC
http://www.pyramydair.com/search-results-ext?Ntt=bkl+mounts&sid=1375A617A415&N=0&Ntk=primary&q=bkl+mounts&cx=002970863286801882398:jlcminxfwdw&cof=FORID:11;NB:1&saSearch&jsessionid=6F61FA6EED1DA9C4C5D6BA0B5173476C.app02

RC those are the ones I need! I see the bottom of those mounts are round. I agree with Brian that the screw nuts on the BSA sight are too wimpy for this gun. The sights have to be installed all the way back so it doesn't slide back because it will!
Now I have to order one and a new sight or a scope because I think the gun killed the BSA. One of the screw nuts is already stripped and the dot seemed to drop down alot all of a sudden so I think it's dead.

RC1947

With red dots, I've found a picatinny rail will hold because of the slots, regardless of the wimpy mounts on red dots. I like the BKL one piece cantilever scope mounts.  NCStar 2 or 2.5x pistol scopes will take the punishment of piston guns.  I use 4 and never one problem, and, they're inexpensive. RC

another note: if you use a pistol scope, this mount would be my first choice - more options to establish proper eye relief - the 4" version is too long for a pistol scope, or a bug buster.
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/BKL_1_Pc_Mount_1_Rings_3_8_or_11mm_Dovetail_3_Long_Matte_Black/2883

BigErn

Quote from: RC1947 on April 19, 2013, 07:28:20 PM
With red dots, I've found a picatinny rail will hold because of the slots, regardless of the wimpy mounts on red dots. I like the BKL one piece cantilever scope mounts.  NCStar 2 or 2.5x pistol scopes will take the punishment of piston guns.  I use 4 and never one problem, and, they're inexpensive. RC

another note: if you use a pistol scope, this mount would be my first choice - more options to establish proper eye relief - the 4" version is too long for a pistol scope, or a bug buster.
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/BKL_1_Pc_Mount_1_Rings_3_8_or_11mm_Dovetail_3_Long_Matte_Black/2883

That one looks real nice RC, I like it. I have one of those scopes and they are nice. I was going to take it of my 2240 and put it on the Trail.

crossliner

Yes BKLs are nice and affordable..I have one like that in transit to the Phils. as well as a dual strap style..Best regards.

blake.l

Quote from: BigErn on April 19, 2013, 05:47:01 PM
Two more pics I took yesterday with the new brake.

Nice break BigErn... Did you make it? I'd like to do something to mine... been sick as a dog, it hit me about 3 days ago. Highest temp been 103.8 lowest 102... Heck I forgot how to send a text message last night :o think I'm gonna ride the storm out, if you don't see me on in a loooooooog time I guess the storm won... :(

quickster47 †

BigErn that looks sooooo much better.  Nice job you did.  :-* :-* :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

BigErn

Quote from: blake.l on April 20, 2013, 01:35:19 PM

Nice break BigErn... Did you make it? I'd like to do something to mine... been sick as a dog, it hit me about 3 days ago. Highest temp been 103.8 lowest 102... Heck I forgot how to send a text message last night :o think I'm gonna ride the storm out, if you don't see me on in a loooooooog time I guess the storm won... :(

Hope you feel better Blake... The brake I got from PA, you can use it as a cocking assist  :-* :-*  It's from a Beretta CX4/Walther Dominator. It's about $40.00, very nice. I still need to check it for accuracy when I get new sights and the BKL mount.

BigErn

Quote from: crossliner on April 20, 2013, 01:13:15 PM
Yes BKLs are nice and affordable..I have one like that in transit to the Phils. as well as a dual strap style..Best regards.

Yup! I ended up getting one last night, the one RC recommended. One piece 3" mount for a 1" tube  :-*