The Benjamin Trail NP Pistol

Started by BigErn, April 05, 2013, 05:01:42 PM

RC1947

You made a great choice.  I've had cheaper mounts ride off the back of the dovetails on spring pistols, but a BKL won't move at all.  Saves a lot of aggravation after the time spent zeroing in a scope only to have the mount shift.  If you don't like it, I'll buy it from you. RC

WyoMan

Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

BigErn

I think I'll listen to the pros on this one  :-*  Can't wait to try this out.

BigErn

Alright I had a chance to try out the Trail with the new brake, scope, and mount. The brake didn't work out how I hoped  :(  Accuracy is actually WORSE with it than the original cocking assist! The scope worked great but even the BKL one piece mount with Loctite creeped back.

I don't know what it is with this pistol but everything so far has moved backwards  >:(  It shoots just ok with the original parts back on but that's as good as it gets...  Every now and then it shoots about 5" inches low and sometimes it seemed like there was no pellet being shot but I know I put one in there  >:(  Just weird, like a phantom pellet or something  ??? 

Conclusion so far is that this thing is a mess! I will try another brake and different pellets too to see if I can fix this freakin thing so I can use it. I might try cutting some material off the end of the original cocking assist making it shorter to see if that helps. For now I'll just keep wasting pellets, hopefully this thing will break in or maybe a miracle will happen  :D

mudduck48

Mine likes the Gamo hunter dome pellets. Still can't hit where I'm aiming, but the dome pellets groupe the best.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

nomobux

This has to be the most disappointing thing I ever bought. I read several reviews and posts which I usually take with a large grain of salt. Alas, the trigger is beyond belief and the sight is so low and I can't even hit a can at 20'.  I feel like I've been taken to the cleaners. Surely, they will come up with a sight fix at least. How did this get out the door ? Color me dumbfounded.
" I GOTTS NOMOBUX "

geo111

One of my friends bought a Trail NP pistol. It arrived today and I think it is broken as we cannot cock it.

Is there a button or something that needs to be pressed to cock this pistol? Neither of us could cock the thing with, or without the cocking assist.

nomobux

Quote from: geo111 on April 28, 2013, 12:17:31 AM
One of my friends bought a Trail NP pistol. It arrived today and I think it is broken as we cannot cock it.

Is there a button or something that needs to be pressed to cock this pistol? Neither of us could cock the thing with, or without the cocking assist.

Rather than pushing down, give the BBL and downward slap on the end to start it. Hope this is going to get you going
" I GOTTS NOMOBUX "

geo111

He got it to open. Thank you for your help nomobux.

RC1947

Quote from: nomobux on April 27, 2013, 10:45:58 PM
  This has to be the most disappointing thing I ever bought. I read several reviews and posts which I usually take with a large grain of salt. Alas, the trigger is beyond belief and the sight is so low and I can't even hit a can at 20'.  I feel like I've been taken to the cleaners. Surely, they will come up with a sight fix at least. How did this get out the door ? Color me dumbfounded.

Your question is the one everyone should be asking.  I'm thrilled to have passed on buying one.  When I read that a BKL mount moves, which I've never had happen regardless of the recoil, something isn't right.  Too many design compromises?? RC

nomobux

It's blowing crazy hard here and no way to try this. My brain is saying it would work ??  How about moving the rear sight forward. would that not raise the front when you take a sight picture ? I've been sitting here with a straight edge and 2 blocks of wood and my brain says yes when I slide the rear block forward. Driving me nuts.
" I GOTTS NOMOBUX "

Crosshairs

Quote from: RC1947 on April 28, 2013, 05:50:26 PM
Your question is the one everyone should be asking.  I'm thrilled to have passed on buying one.  When I read that a BKL mount moves, which I've never had happen regardless of the recoil, something isn't right.  Too many design compromises?? RC
Yep after all the BS delays i just gave up, glad i did.
                             Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

BigErn

BigErn

Quote from: nomobux on April 29, 2013, 08:41:32 PM
It's blowing crazy hard here and no way to try this. My brain is saying it would work ??  How about moving the rear sight forward. would that not raise the front when you take a sight picture ? I've been sitting here with a straight edge and 2 blocks of wood and my brain says yes when I slide the rear block forward. Driving me nuts.

Might work but the sight will probably creep backwards like everything else I have tried so far  >:(

Crosshairs

Wow that is real nice Ern. Adjustable front sight that's cool and two stage adjustable trigger sweet. To bad we didn't live closer together we could split it.  ;D I wan't to see a review.
                         Mike
I think it was BDS or RC that got me to look at this one.
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Diana_RWS_LP8/1840
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!