Grip styles...what do you prefer?

Started by KBR97, April 06, 2013, 04:28:49 PM

Crosshairs

This are two of my favorite set's of grips they fit my hand perfect.
                         Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

JEBert

These are my favorite...
JA Where are you?
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Crosshairs

Quote from: JEBert on April 07, 2013, 09:36:01 PM
These are my favorite...
JA Where are you?
Cheers,
Yes Jerry i use them when shooting the one hand only match i like that they can be adjusted.Here is another nice set
                       Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

chongman

Quote from: JEBert on April 07, 2013, 09:36:01 PM
These are my favorite...
JA Where are you?
Cheers,

Hey Jerry, How does that bottom piece work and can you show me some pictures?  I'd like to try and make that  ;)
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

JEBert

QuoteHey Jerry, How does that bottom piece work and can you show me some pictures?  I'd like to try and make that  ;)
Michael,
These are not mine.   I was having JA make me a set and it never panned out. He only made 2 or three sets and then told me that they were too expensive to produce.  I think one of those sets sold on a gun here very recently.  I don't remember who sold or bought them but I was too broke to even try to buy them.
Look up 10M competition air pistol and you will see a lot of them in use and a few pics of the guns.  You loosen the screws and raise or lower the shelf to fit the width of your hand.  Also, the angle of the grips are supposed to be correct so you can just lock your wrist instead of having to use your arm muscles, just hold your arm up with shoulder.

Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Brent

Carl bought the recent one for sale, with those grips. I was trying to find the ad yesterday actually, but it disappeared. PMed him to see if we could get it back up. Wanted to show a friend those, am talking to him about making a set maybe.

chongman

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Jerry  :-*

breakfastchef

Steve Corcoran is coming out with new grip sets for the 13xx & 22xx pistols. One particular grip set is like the ones JEBert posted about with an adjustable palm shelf. These look totally awesome.

Larry

Fronzdan

I agree...totally awesome!  Too bad such beautiful work comes at such a high price.

BDS

Brian

BDS

Quote from: breakfastchef on April 08, 2013, 04:58:38 AM
Steve Corcoran is coming out with new grip sets for the 13xx & 22xx pistols. One particular grips set is like the ones JEBert posted about with an adjustable palm shelf. These look totally awesome.

Nice... what's the guess on price? 10 x the cost of the 13XX?
Brian

chongman

Quote from: BDS on April 08, 2013, 07:02:29 PM
Michael... here's some additional info on 10 meter grips  http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2008/05/10-meter-pistol-shooting-part-2.html

Huge thanks Brian  :-*

I have some really nice wood inbound from the UK from ped and will be using that to make a set of target grips.

quickster47 †

My choice of grips mostly depends on what shooter I'm putting new shoes on and what my intended purpose is for the gun.  If it is going to be a shelf queen then the game is wide open.  But for a shooter then that requires a different mind set and different grips.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

BDS

I have been using the Crosman (Benjamin) 1701 grips on several shooters lately, even took off the RB sportsmans from the 2300KT / lothar barrel shooter and went with the 1701's, Lighter and just fit better for me.

Here's a good side by side comparo of the stock (on left) grips and the 1701 on right. Smoother, feel better, look better IMO :-*
Brian

quickster47 †

Brian I too am a big fan of the 1701 grips.  They feel good when you grip them and are quite comfortable for extended shooting sessions.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †