Grip styles...what do you prefer?

Started by KBR97, April 06, 2013, 04:28:49 PM

BDS

Brian

brz-ryder †

Me i`m like Tater i like smooth thiner grips dislike those thumb rests thats the only problem i have with my Hatsan i`m trying to find someone to make me grips for it

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

Fronzdan

Nothin makes the plastic grips better than a couple coats of bed liner!!!  And to top it off, fill the cavity on inside bottom with hot glue and mount em up while the glue is still soft.  It flows down, fills the gap and temporarily attaches the grips to the trigger frame.  Solid feel, no shifting, good looks and nice grippy finish!  I'll try and post a pic later on.

BDS

Or.. hot glue with a few lead pellets in it for weight, let it dry and mount e'm up :-*
Brian

KBR97

As long as they are in stock I think  I'm going to put an order for the sportsman grips with the standard size pump handle in the green/grey color.

This color pattern but for the 1337

1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

Brent

From a recommendation here early on when I joined, I have put the 1701p grips on all my guns. Even have a pair on their way in my last order, as spares so they are ready for the next gun. At $1.74 a piece you can't beat the price.

Ernesto posted a photo of a pair he bedlined in the "what work did you just do" thread. That got me thinking, and I PMed him for tips on doing that. Here is what he wrote back:

My tips are to use outdoors when not so windy. Spray about three to four thin coats. I use it on sunny warm days and it dries in 10 minutes between coats. Dries to the touch in about 30 minutes. Try not to handle too much for 24 hours. The most important tip is to use a moist paper towel to dab the drips. Stay there between coats so you can get all the drips before they dry. Once the drip dries it's there so you got to get them before. Clean up is easy, just use water before it dries. Lay the stuff flat if possible on cardboard or something else, or you can hang things from a tree like I do but there you really need to be careful of drips because of gravity    Hope this helps and let me know if you need any more help. Good luck!

Tater

Quote from: Brent on April 09, 2013, 12:02:49 AM
From a recommendation here early on when I joined, I have put the 1701p grips on all my guns. Even have a pair on their way in my last order, as spares so they are ready for the next gun. At $1.74 a piece you can't beat the price.

Ernesto posted a photo of a pair he bedlined in the "what work did you just do" thread. That got me thinking, and I PMed him for tips on doing that. Here is what he wrote back:

My tips are to use outdoors when not so windy. Spray about three to four thin coats. I use it on sunny warm days and it dries in 10 minutes between coats. Dries to the touch in about 30 minutes. Try not to handle too much for 24 hours. The most important tip is to use a moist paper towel to dab the drips. Stay there between coats so you can get all the drips before they dry. Once the drip dries it's there so you got to get them before. Clean up is easy, just use water before it dries. Lay the stuff flat if possible on cardboard or something else, or you can hang things from a tree like I do but there you really need to be careful of drips because of gravity    Hope this helps and let me know if you need any more help. Good luck!

Thanks for posting those tips?   :-*
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Fronzdan

I use thin sticks than fit snugly inside the grip screw holes.  That way you can shove one end into the ground and have the grip suspended flat, but securely off any surface.  Spraying while laying directly on a surface can lead to puddling and unclean edges.  I did 5 pairs one sunny afternoon last summer.  It looked like some weird black flowers growing on my lawn.

Brent

Quote from: Fronzdan on April 09, 2013, 06:37:48 AM
I use thin sticks than fit snugly inside the grip screw holes.  That way you can shove one end into the ground and have the grip suspended flat, but securely off any surface.  Spraying while laying directly on a surface can lead to puddling and unclean edges.  I did 5 pairs one sunny afternoon last summer.  It looked like some weird black flowers growing on my lawn.

That's a good tip too  :-*
Thanks!!  :)

KBR97

Sportsman grips in green and black are ordered from Ralph. He said about 3 weeks wait.
1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

arkmaker †

I have only tried a few styles......the stock 2240 grips, stock 1701P, stock 150, Josh Austin's, Ricks and RB's.....I love the looks of Ricks, but the RB's fit my hand better. The 1701P grips win the stock group. Oh, almost forgot. We had a member that cast some grips for a few of us.....they were by far the best felling grips for me. I wish I could get another set......would never let them go!
Rich

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

chongman

I also have a pair of those cast grips, in black and they do feel mighty good :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

arkmaker †

Quote from: chongman on April 09, 2013, 03:01:53 PM
I also have a pair of those cast grips, in black and they do feel mighty good :-*

Wanna sell 'em???????

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Brent

Let's see a photo of those guys  :-*
Would love to see them. Am trying to come up with something for grips for this Gauntlet build.

arkmaker †

Here is the one I have always regretted selling  :-[  If whomever I sold this to reads this and wants to sell it back, I am game!!!