RIP... The Crosman Coined (Brass) Trigger is now obsoleted.

Started by Davio, May 01, 2013, 11:46:48 AM

Davio

Just found this out today.  I am grieving.  I love these triggers as they polish, vent and shape very well for my purposes. 

Whilst ordering another few dozen I got the news.  And I had to ask if these means forever.  And I heard the dreaded words "Pretty much".

These were stamped / pressed... then worked additionally at the end of the curve (as I see variation in that area only from trigger to trigger). 

All I can say is:  Some 3/16" brass flat stock will be ordered.  I will not be denied the precious.   :D 
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

quickster47 †

I know they have not been on production guns for a year or more but surprised that Crosman had that much stock in reserve or more likely, left over.  Seeing the brass trigger was always a sure sign of an older gun.

It was and still is a great trigger and will be sorely missed.  :(

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

crosman has a lot of old obsolete parts laying around that most of the time they don't even know they have
a bunch of as2250 parts were bought not long ago actually around the time this thread was posted
i bought enough parts to build an as2250 at half the cost of a new one but i sold the parts and made a nice profit after reading all the problems with sealing these guns have
closed mouths dont get fed

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

had i known that i would have posted the parts here you know on the yellow or aa classifieds hard to get parts goi in minutes. i had everything except the valve but i was going to use a bna boss as valve
i might still be able to the parts except the bottle adapter which can be bought @ crosmods and the valve which bna has and you can mod you own stock
i'll look into that tomorrow
closed mouths dont get fed

karatekid1975

So true. I worked at Crosman when those triggers went by by  :( Now they are stamped steanless steal triggers.

There is a funny story behind that (stamping triggers), but unless you worked there, ya wouldn't know what the joke is/was.
Laurie

Crosman 2240 pistol
Crosman Quest 1000x rifle
Crosman stock 760 (1972) pump master
RWS 34 Diana rifle
Former Crosman employee ;)

Crosshairs

I only three of them left they came out of guns that i did mods to or changed the trigger frame.
                          Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

mudduck48

I have 3. Thank you Davio. One is in my 1377 phase II I'm working on right now. Look close and you will see it shine and a Davio brass safety and a Davio trigger shoe. :-\. :-\ :-\
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Iagent

The new trigger does feel pretty nice. The worst was back in the late 70s when they tried plastic.
Shoot safely. Have fun.

mudduck48

This gun was made in Sept. 96 and it had a plastic trigger in it. That is why I changed it. ;)

Tater

You would think someone would make/sell a similar CNC copy of it.

Edit: Heck, even something close but with a wider machined-in shoe.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

crossliner

mudduck48

Tater

That roller trigger looks awesome, unfortunately not in my budget right now.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

KevinP

Quote from: punchpressqueen75 on October 23, 2013, 02:11:34 PM
So true. I worked at Crosman when those triggers went by by  :( Now they are stamped steanless steal triggers.

There is a funny story behind that (stamping triggers), but unless you worked there, ya wouldn't know what the joke is/was.

I didn't know that crosman had made stainless triggers ? when was that ?
Kevin
Albany, New York