BONE STOCK!

Started by mudduck48, May 04, 2013, 11:01:25 PM

mudduck48

Yea, I know, but I'm just tired of buying these things and getting Junk. This is number 3. #1 C 11. Shot 2" low and 3" to the right. #2. Trail NP. We won't even go there on that one. And now this. I am probabaly going to mod this one, but I'm just tired of throwing money at things that should be good from the factory. Why should we have to spend $200 to $300 on their POOP to make it work right? ???  I'm on SS, so I am going to have to wait awhile to get going again. Just my rant. We need to do that once in a while. ;D
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

WyoMan

Rant is OK duck.....I felt the same way when I got a 13xx can't remember the caliber but the pivot was drilled crooked
the sight was tilted to the left and the pump linkage would rub on the tube slot...some other issues not as bad but that got the tool box out and the addiction was started  ;D
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

mudduck48

I spent 3years on an addiction with RC cars. I bought and built Associated RC 10 race buggies. These were from the 80's, the gold pans. I have so many parts for these. Now I'm into air guns.  Crosmans QC now a days leaves something to be desired. I would like to take Chip and smack him up side the head for all of the DUCK POOP that Crosman is putting out now. I WILL make this thing work, but it will just take time and money. Yes, this is the CROSMAINA BUG!!! ;D

quickster47 †

Ducky we all feel your pain and can share in where you are and where you are coming from.  And I guess you are moving in the same direction most of us have gone, turn a blind eye and move on.

You are definitely an okay Crosman kind of aficionado in progress.   :)  And I feel the same way as you about Chip.  ;)

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

mudduck48

I guess Chip is the CEO of Chrosman. I just wish we could get a hold of him and tell him what kind of DUCK POOP his company is putting out. There are so many companies out there that are producing air guns that He needs to wake up and get the QC to make sure that they are producing things like they did 20 to 30 years ago.  ??? Things that last and work well.

Brent

Wow Duck... that's just crazy luck  :o
And you were so excited to get it, I was pretty happy for you.

After Rich got a good one, was thinking things were looking up for their QC.

Maybe sending it back will at let them see the errors of their build at least. They start getting enough back and having to deal with that enough times... someone in QA is going to be called to a meeting ;)

Am thinking of getting a 2240 this month. If I do was planning on leaving it stock for awhile. Got plenty of stuff to work on for awhile as it is. Sure hope it is built right. ???

AS13

As mentioned...Send it back! Since when did they start using a pin punch to create serial numbers ??? That is crude and I would think time consuming.
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

AS13

Here's a contact if you want to voice a complaint...

For additional information on Phil Dolci, the new Crosman President and CEO, or on any Crosman, Benjamin, CenterPoint optics products, Crosman Archery, Game Face Airsoft or Undead Apocalypse Airsoft products, visit the company's Web sites at www.crosman.com, www.centerpointhunting.com, www.gamefaceairsoft.com, or write to Laura Evans, Marketing Coordinator, Crosman Corporation, 7629 Routes 5 & 20, Bloomfield, NY 14469, email her at levans@crosman.com, or call her at (800) 7 – AIRGUN (724-7486).

For up-to-the-minute news from Crosman Corporation, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

mudduck48

DUCK WITH ME WILL YOU? This is what happens when you stay on this fourm long enough, the old masters start to wear off on you. I fixed it!!! I took the breech screw loose then the rear sight screw loose then the barrel band screw loose and turned the barrel untill the sight was straight. It worked. Even passed the tissue test. I can now get windage right and left out of this thing. This was 5m off my bench rest. Now I can work on the trigger.YEA!!! ;) ;D

arkmaker †

Shoot the stock 2240 comp first!!!!! :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

BDS

Quote from: AS13 on May 06, 2013, 04:26:04 PM
As mentioned...Send it back! Since when did they start using a pin punch to create serial numbers ??? That is crude and I would think time consuming.

Pretty common actually, it's called vibro-peening and ya, it's not cosmetically pleasing, the machines are CNC and can do 1000's of parts per hour depending on tooling and set-up.
Brian

arkmaker †

Quote from: BDS on May 07, 2013, 12:01:24 AM
Pretty common actually, it's called vibro-peening and ya, it's not cosmetically pleasing, the machines are CNC and can do 1000's of parts per hour depending on tooling and set-up.

We have an old one at work which takes forever! A new laser is in the shop, two actually, but have been stalled in bull crap. They hired a college grad to figure them out. That was two years ago and they are still not in service  >:(

Why don't they just ask me? After looking through the book, it is nothing more than a 3 axis mill as far as programming. Work holding is a price of cake. They sometimes find themselves with more money than brains (not the college grad, but the company)
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

mudduck48

Quote from: arkmaker on May 06, 2013, 11:59:30 PM
Shoot the stock 2240 comp first!!!!! :-*
Well, I tried. Did good on the first one and started out good one the second on, then ran out of gas. Two shots low, darn. O-well, I'll try again tomarrow. QUACK!

WyoMan

Nice job on the fix Duck......seems that bone shoots pretty good as stock  :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

quickster47 †

Quote from: mudduck48 on May 07, 2013, 03:08:55 AM
Well, I tried. Did good on the first one and started out good one the second on, then ran out of gas. Two shots low, darn. O-well, I'll try again tomarrow. QUACK!

Don't ya just hate that when it happens, and it has happened to me lots of times.  Sure takes the wind out of your sails.  :(

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †