BONE STOCK!

Started by mudduck48, May 04, 2013, 11:01:25 PM

Brent

Quote from: quickster47 on May 07, 2013, 03:41:11 AM
Don't ya just hate that when it happens, and it has happened to me lots of times.  Sure takes the wind out of your sails.  :(

Carl
Sure does, and it sure does make you go..... "damn it ####"
If I had one gripe about a co2 pistol... when shooting for a decent score for our comps and having it working out so far so good... this is it!

mudduck48

I really never thought of why they called a 2240, now I know. It is a .22 cal and you get 40 good shots out of it, if the temp. is 70 or more. The second cart today, I only got 35 shots. When I tried the comp target I was getting low.  The first 6 I did ok, but the next 6, the first three shots did good, then I ran out of gas on the last 2. I'll try again tomarrow.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

quickster47 †

Quote from: mudduck48 on May 07, 2013, 04:02:36 AM
I really never thought of why they callled a 2240, now I know. It is a .22 cal and you get 40 good shots out of it, if the temp. is 70 or more. The second cart today, I only got 35 shots. When I tried the comp target I was getting low.  The first 6 I did ok, but the next 6, the first three shots did good, then I ran out of gas on the last 2. I'll try again tomarrow.

I think I have to agree with that and I've owned at least a dozen different 2240 guns.  About 40 shots is average for a 12g powerlet.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Viper1357

I dunno mudduck, I hope I have a little better luck, I have a new "fresh 2240" coming this Wed!

Hope you get yours working the way you want it to be..

Anyway, I'm following your thread here in case I have to do the same as you have...
- Never said "I wasn't good with a pellet pistol", just said, "I didn't have much need for one."

Tater

Woo Hooo!!! Glad that worked for you.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

mudduck48

Quote from: Viper1357 on May 07, 2013, 04:57:53 AM
I dunno mudduck, I hope I have a little better luck, I have a new "fresh 2240" coming this Wed!

Hope you get yours working the way you want it to be..

Anyway, I'm following your thread here in case I have to do the same as you have...
I would advise that the first  thing you do when you take it out of the clamshell is look at the front sight.Look from the muzzle to the rear. Mine was leaning to the left really bad, about 2 to 3mm leaning. I could not get this thing to sight in, even with the rear sight moved all the way to the left. If it looks ok, then load a cart, then stuff a Qtip down the barrel and shoot it in a safe direction. I have a small wood dowel I use to push the qtip down the barrel.  This will clean the barrel. I shot 2 before I put a pellet in mine. If the front sight is not right, go up a few posts and read what I did to move the barrel and the sight to make it work. These are great guns, they just need some TLC and they work great. Good luck.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Viper1357

Quote from: mudduck48 on May 07, 2013, 05:21:45 AM
I would advise that the first  thing you do when you take it out of the clamshell is look at the front sight.Look from the muzzle to the rear. Mine was leaning to the left really bad, about 2 to 3mm leaning. I could not get this thing to sight in, even with the rear sight moved all the way to the left. If it looks ok, then load a cart, then stuff a Qtip down the barrel and shoot it in a save direction. I have a small wood dowel I use to push the qtip down the barrel.  This will clean the barrel. I shot 2 before I put a pellet in mine. If the front sight is not right, go up a few posts and read what I did to move the barrel and the sight to make it work. These are great guns, they just need some TLC and they work great. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice, I will do just that. I have had other similar issues with airguns and fireburners over the years, but yeah, it does get tiring. But if you can put a little TLC into it and it turns out good, we all know we'll do it! 

I'll post up my findings when I get mine, and thanks again for posting your experience with it. At least we know we're not alone and there is help..

Now, about our addiction???  Not sure there's much help available on this forum..     ;)
- Never said "I wasn't good with a pellet pistol", just said, "I didn't have much need for one."

arkmaker †

Quote from: Viper1357 on May 07, 2013, 05:38:38 PM

Now, about our addiction???  Not sure there's much help available on this forum.. 

Sure, we will help!  ;D ;D
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Viper1357

Quote from: arkmaker on May 07, 2013, 06:02:31 PM
Sure, we will help!  ;D ;D

Yeah... I know.. I started here back in 2009 with an old Crosman 600 I inherited.. strayed away from time to time with just a couple additions, now I'm back, and look at me in 2013, (6) Crosmans and growing... Thanks for the help .. :o :P :-\ :-*   hehehehehe

You guys are helpful.. but can be very baaad....  :)

arkmaker †

It's OK, I only have 11 Crosman's. I would hardly call that a problem. I mean it's not like drinking 11 shots of Jack Daniels or anything  ??? ;D

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

BDS

Quote from: arkmaker on May 07, 2013, 06:31:21 PM
It's OK, I only have 11 Crosman's. I would hardly call that a problem. I mean it's not like drinking 11 shots of Jack Daniels or anything  ??? ;D

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :D
Brian

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: arkmaker on May 07, 2013, 06:31:21 PM
Rich after readin what you just posted ,I started countin what I have now and I have 13 !  I haven't been on this forum a yaer yet! NO this is not and addition!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

arkmaker †

Add my Edge and I have an even dozen. Oh Crap!!! I forgot to add in the 3 - 357's and 1861 Shiloh. Hmmm. Need to redo the math.  :-*

16 and still want a p-rod and A-Rod and someday a Daystate Hunter and AF Condor.  :-*

azmark

Would it be reasonable to expect better quality control on a gun from the custom shop?

arkmaker †

Quote from: azmark on May 08, 2013, 06:59:26 PM
Would it be reasonable to expect better quality control on a gun from the custom shop?

Yes, to me it would be reasonable, but from what we have been experiencing from Crosman these days is a lack of QC. If that extends into the custom shop is anyone's guess.

Did they just  get a new president? If so, that could explain it. New Yahoo's always want to boost sales, reduce operating costs and line their already fat wallets fast and then get out and on to another company to ruin. They show a good sales report and ignore customer complaints and are gone before people stop buying their products because of it. Rant over, but I'd do it differently.
Rich