What is "Stock"?

Started by dan_house, May 22, 2013, 10:15:39 PM

dan_house

yep, agree 100%
But I'd have to have some one make it for me, as it would not resemble anything close what the original plans from Crosman defined...... ;)
dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab
The lunatic fringe of American airgunning

Southwest Montana's Headquarters for airgunning supremacy

Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

BDS

Jumpin back in here, what was the ORIG intention of the "Stock CAPOF Match"? Can anyone remember?

It would seem natural that it may have meant anyone can play without having to "tune" or mod their guns? And, that the super tuner, 10 meter, one-hole punchers with $500 guns were not "ringers" in the mix?

If so, stock must mean.. "I just showed up on this forum with my 2240 pistol in the clamshell package from Walmart and I want to shoot in your competition". Right? Maybe?
Brian

arkmaker †

Quote from: BDS on May 31, 2013, 11:46:26 PM
Jumpin back in here, what was the ORIG intention of the "Stock CAPOF Match"? Can anyone remember?

It would seem natural that it may have meant anyone can play without having to "tune" or mod their guns? And, that the super tuner, 10 meter, one-hole punchers with $500 guns were not "ringers" in the mix?

If so, stock must mean.. "I just showed up on this forum with my 2240 pistol in the clamshell package from Walmart and I want to shoot in your competition". Right? Maybe?

Sounds about right for the stock competitions, but the op was more or less about interpreted viewpoints. That's how I took it. Open discussion that took a turn and dragged in the comps.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

mudduck48

Here is a "STOCK" gun. Even the screws. :-*
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Stranded in California.

mudduck48

Yep, the newbies need to know what is "STOCK".  :-* :-*

arkmaker †

Yep, looks like there is a Phoenix around here spreading his "come back to life dust" on some of these old threads  ;D

I think, and I say I think cause I haven't paid attention to this for a while, but I do believe that the CAPOF definition of "stock" for the "Stock Competitions" was put in the General Rules thread. I'll chance it further by saying that we went with Carl's version of stock along with adding, that if something breaks/leaks, it can be replaced with a Crosman OEM part (example: seal).

Now that I went out on a limb, I better go see what I actually wrote 2 years ago  ;)

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

mudduck48

Quote from: arkmaker on July 30, 2015, 04:27:02 AM
Yep, looks like there is a Phoenix around here spreading his "come back to life dust" on some of these old threads  ;D

I think, and I say I think cause I haven't paid attention to this for a while, but I do believe that the CAPOF definition of "stock" for the "Stock Competitions" was put in the General Rules thread. I'll chance it further by saying that we went with Carl's version of stock along with adding, that if something breaks/leaks, it can be replaced with a Crosman OEM part (example: seal).

Now that I went out on a limb, I better go see what I actually wrote 2 years ago  ;)
Sorry about that. I just get bored and start reading the what the guest are looking at. Then the rest is "history" :-\ :-\

mudduck48

On second thought, you people don't want past info brought up again? I'll just shut up like a lot of other old timers have done, bye. :P

targettgii

No it's all good Duck if you want to try and get the fire going again. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

KevinP

Quote from: mudduck48 on July 30, 2015, 03:07:22 AM
Yep, the newbies need to know what is "STOCK".  :-* :-*

;D ;D newbies are the only ones with stock  guns  ...
Kevin
Albany, New York

arkmaker †

Quote from: targettgii on July 30, 2015, 05:23:36 AM
No it's all good Duck if you want to try and get the fire going again. :-* :-* :-*

X2 All Good  :-*

Been some good old threads brought back!

I'm just following your suggestion.  :)
Stranded in California.

T191032

Quote from: KevinP on July 30, 2015, 02:06:13 PM
;D ;D newbies are the only ones with stock  guns  ...

Not so. My 2240 is STILL Stock (out of the package), no mods, polishing, etc.
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

agninja

The good that came out of this rez was a reminder that I need some new screws for my 1377. :-*
Black air pistols matter.