I just ordered another Doomsday kit

Started by Crosshairs, May 25, 2013, 10:53:40 PM

Crosshairs

I want to keep it stock this time i think i have enough willpower but need your help. Tell me why i should keep it stock in your own words this might be fun lets see what you guys can come up with.
                           Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Cwlongshot

Quote from: Crosshairs on May 25, 2013, 10:53:40 PM
I want to keep it stock this time i think i have enough willpower but need your help. Tell me why i should keep it stock in your own words this might be fun lets see what you guys can come up with.
                           Mike

Well this could be fun...

Here are my reasons to keep it stock;

1) The crowns are always PERFECT anyway.

2) The steel breech adds a lot of weight anyway

3) The sites are TOP NOTCH STUFF!

4) The 'grain' in the plastic grips is SO like like.

5) Crosman makes dandy scope mounts that will clamp to the barrel! NO ALTERATIONS NEEDED.

6) The barrel kinda 'floats' in the breech enhancing accuracy.

7) Those factory triggers are REAL good now a days.

8) In a couple hundred years your great great grand kids may be able to sell it for what you paid for it.

As you can see overall leaving it stock is a FAR better idea.  :P :P :P :P :P :P

CW
BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP

Crosshairs

Quote from: Cwlongshot on May 25, 2013, 11:50:22 PM
Well this could be fun...

Here are my reasons to keep it stock;

1) The crowns are always PERFECT anyway.

2) The steel breech adds a lot of weight anyway

3) The sites are TOP NOTCH STUFF!

4) The 'grain' in the plastic grips is SO like like.

5) Crosman makes dandy scope mounts that will clamp to the barrel! NO ALTERATIONS NEEDED.

6) The barrel kinda 'floats' in the breech enhancing accuracy.

7) Those factory triggers are REAL good now a days.

8) In a couple hundred years your great great grand kids may be able to sell it for what you paid for it.

As you can see overall leaving it stock is a FAR better idea.  :P :P :P :P :P :P

CW
LMAO good reasons longshot.

chongman

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

bgmcgee

Because it takes more willpower to leave it stock than mod the heck out of it.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Flex

Quote from: Crosshairs on May 25, 2013, 10:53:40 PM
                           Mike
REALLY ???? Well let's see. Starting up front, there's the "fabulous" non-fiber optic plastic front sight blade at the tip of the now 2 inch shorter barrel :(. Secure that barrel to the pump tube with a plastic barrel support and a plastic breech. What more could you ask for ;D? The plastic rear sight base (to match the front one) to secure the "multi-option" sight system. Moving more to the rear, the "easy on, easy off (well, sort of) skeleton stock with the shock absorbing lateral and vertical "wobble" with the automatic hand grip correct position sensor that immediately lets you know when your hand is properly positioned on the grip 8). (Even if you won't want to keep it there). Top this all off with a trigger that further enhances the function of the trigger block safety (gun will fire only fire if you're serious about it and really pull hard on the trigger). I can't think of too many other reasons to not keep it "stock". In addition to keeping it "stock" you might want to keep it "stuck" in it's box that you "stick" into a closet. It won't be long until these things are in hyper-demand and you'll be able to sell it on-line for twice what you paid PLUS $50 S&H! It's a no-brainer :-*. Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

mudduck48

Because you can shoot in the stock 13xx comps. 8)  I bought one for my oldest son for Christmas and it works great. I likes the Crosman premier HP pellets.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

hogrider04

I'm probably gonna get kicked outta the club for this, but here goes............I bought a new 2289, drilled the stock and put screws in to the frame to stiffen it up, scrunched the trigger spring and put in a .22 casing, added intermounts and a cheapy Crosman red dot. All the rest is bone stock. Today I was able to hit a golf ball at 30yds with six pumps. Am I happy, you bet! Can I do this every shot, no way. I am happy with the results of the minimal mods and I'm only out another $16 for them. I do enjoy taking a sub par piece of equipment and getting above par results out of it without a lot of time and money invested in it.  :-*

I did tighten everything up and cleaned the heck out of it. No charge.  ;)

Baltim0re28

Because you have probably close to 200 other guns that you can mess with/mod. And you basically know that the 2289 is a pretty good shooter out of the box. I would maybe shim the pump arm just to say you did Something to it.  :-*
James.

quickster47 †

Because you are weak and have no will power to NOT mod it.

Go on, prove to us you are a real man and just walk away from it and leave it alone.   :P

You know you want to...    ;)

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

nomobux

I kept my 32 coupe stock until I started thrashin
" I GOTTS NOMOBUX "

BigErn

There's only one way for sure you will not mod it Mike, you have to send it to me as soon as you get it  ;D ;D ;D

gdm620

So you will get this gun and lock it up at Fort Knox  ???  That is the only way I know not to mod it.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

Crosshairs

Some funny stuff guys i knew this would be fun.  ;D
             Mike

WyoMan

Mike, I only know of two ways (and you can't send it to Big E cuz we know what he does  ;D )
1) have someone hide it.....choose wisely -  someone who can't remember anything
2) pick up a couple more addictions
:D :D :D
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance