Anyone Have a Crosman Challenger 2009 PCP Rifle

Started by breakfastchef, June 16, 2013, 05:04:38 AM

USMA-1982

Ed

Fredericksburg VA

Fronzdan

Heck of a lot cheaper than a Corcoran or Chavka...then again, it ain't a beautiful hand made piece of wood either.

Could you use a trigger guard off a an MRod?

USMA-1982

Anyone know what accessories fit in the long aluminum slot under the forearm?
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

breakfastchef

Quote from: USMA-1982 on July 03, 2013, 06:16:05 PM
Anyone know what accessories fit in the long aluminum slot under the forearm?

I believe the rail is similar in spec to an Anschutz rail and should accept any accessories with a similar mount. I have done some light digging around, and finding places to get accessories is challenging. I could see an adapter for a bipod, hamster and a weighting system as pretty useful for the gun.

Some sources that likely can be of assistance include...

http://www.championshooters.com/store/home.php
http://www.champchoice.com/
http://www.pilkguns.com/
Larry

USMA-1982

Anschutz rail - just learned something new.  The Harris bipod adapter is on order! :-)  Also like the looks of the Champion's Choice block type palm rest.
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

arkmaker †

Quote from: breakfastchef on July 02, 2013, 11:37:23 PM
Challenger PCP just ordered!

Oh yeah! I am going make a wild prediction that you will like shooting 10 meters a whole lot more now :-*

congratulations!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

USMA-1982

Hey Larry, did the Challenger come in today?
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

breakfastchef

The Challenger was delivered today. I think I may become very enamored with this rifle. I stopped at 130+ shots on one fill from 2000-900 psi. Around shot 120 or so the POI started to drop to the bottom of the 10 ring at 10M. I'll start a new thread when I can collect some more data.
Larry

bgmcgee

Quote from: breakfastchef on July 11, 2013, 01:12:32 AM
The Challenger was delivered today. I think I may become very enamored with this rifle. I stopped at 130+ shots on one fill from 2000-900 psi. Around shot 120 or so the POI started to drop to the bottom of the 10 ring at 10M. I'll start a new thread when I can collect some more data.
Cool deal  :-* Sounds like a fun shooter.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

USMA-1982

Ed

Fredericksburg VA

breakfastchef

Quote from: USMA-1982 on July 11, 2013, 02:19:56 AM
How do you like the trigger?

I don't know much about the fancy terms folks use about triggers, but here is my attempt. This is the first Marauder trigger I've used. It is still far from broken in. The first stage is a little heavy, but smooth. There is a definite stopping point between first and second stage. Second stage is a tad mushy (?) and eventually will need to be adjusted for a crisper let off, but is really quite nice from the factory. Overall, I very much like this trigger group on a rfile, but the 1701P trigger group feels better to me on a pistol.
Larry

Fronzdan

The first stage on an Mrod trigger group can be lightened...but not as light as the 1701's first stage can go.  I think the Challenger's is exactly the same as the Mrod, so you can remove the "lawyer spring" which makes the first stage stiff.  Second stage can be shortened for a more crisp feel.

Soooo...it's contagious.  I should be getting a Challenger shortly as well, lol.  You guys really twisted my arm there, lol.

breakfastchef

Quote from: Fronzdan on July 11, 2013, 06:48:54 PM
Soooo...it's contagious.  I should be getting a Challenger shortly as well, lol.  You guys really twisted my arm there, lol.

I predict a new love affair at your house. For pure target shooting, maybe some small pesting jobs (if that is your thing), it looks to be pretty awesome. Power can realistically be bumped up to 12 fpe, but that will take some work and a change in the transfer port.
Larry

Fronzdan

Yeah it'll be a pure paper puncher, perfect for my 10m indoor "range" aka my duct seal trap on one side of the basement, me on the other side.  I heard you CAN up the FPE if desired.  I've seen some posts on the topic.  Might be as simple as swapping out the TP and tuning.  But I will keep this one for paper only.  Might even start practicing 3-position with it with my daughter.

arkmaker †

Every time one of you guys get a new shooter I want a new one too! Is that so wrong? My wife thinks so, but I think she is wrong  ;D
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22