Anyone Have a Crosman Challenger 2009 PCP Rifle

Started by breakfastchef, June 16, 2013, 05:04:38 AM

breakfastchef

I have been reading several recent posts about the Challenger on other forums and I am smitten with the gun. It seems like a perfect fit for me. I don't hunt, and love accuracy. The Challenger is a low power PCP, has exceptional accuracy, very good trigger, insane shot count, fully adjustable stock and needs @40 pumps to fill it up. Price point is <$400 without sights. What is not to love about this gun that few are talking about? Anyone have a Challenger?
Larry

USMA-1982

I've been looking at the Challenger as well.  I've seen it on Amazon for $397 without sights.  Only thing is I don't already have a PCP so I'd need to get a pump as well - another $170.  Not quite ready to take the plunge, but would love to hear reports from anyone that owns or has shot it.

Ed

Fredericksburg VA

arkmaker †

I was asking the same question last year and ended up with the Edge. If the right opportunity arrives and I have the money, I still may get the Challenger. It was a toss up for me. The Edge just was to good of a deal to pass up.

You should get some feedback from other members here shortly as a few do have a Challenger. One shoots very good 3-position scores as I remember. For what it is worth though, I don't think you can go wrong with it, if you are looking for a 10 meter rifle in that price range. That was my conclusion.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

dan_house

No Challenger, but marauder pistol on a challenger stock.

Can't speak for accuracy or power of the challenger, but I can tell you that stock is darn near close to perfection.
If part of the appeal is a small handy gun, you got it. Great ergonomics and the gun will be light and quick t o point

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab
The lunatic fringe of American airgunning

Southwest Montana's Headquarters for airgunning supremacy

Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

JEBert

Quotemarauder pistol on a challenger stock.
Pics?
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

dan_house

the air tube is just 3/4 inch or so shorter than the stock. likes up with the filler cap on. doens affect the abiltiy to fill it

the white areas are the hole for the air gauge and the barrel band. I fyou have a air tube extension, move the band out to the front of the stock and you wont have to inlet it at all
After providing for the barrel band and the gauge, the rest just bolts right up.
To do this you wil need the Marauder trigger pak (US$55.oo from crosman). Dont know if the 2260 trigger pak will work.

USMA-1982

Does anyone know if the Challenger and M-Rod/P-Rod tubes are same diameter as 22xx?
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

JEBert

Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

eric

Quote from: USMA-1982 on June 20, 2013, 02:39:24 AM
Does anyone know if the Challenger and M-Rod/P-Rod tubes are same diameter as 22xx?
the challenger and disco are the same --- 2xxx and prod as well. the marauder has a larger tube diameter
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

USMA-1982

So a 22xx tube should fit a Challenger stock ... Hmmmm.
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

USMA-1982

Dan_House - are you using the trigger guard on your Challenger stock P-Rod?  If so, did you have to drill and tap a mounting hole in the tube?
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

dan_house

no trigger gaurd ... yet. I was just gonna fold some brass and screw it into the stock
Having some hammer spring issues ( :-[ it uh, decided to exit the shop at a high rate of speed, apparently had beef with my nose as it barrely missed it as it left the air tube on the way to the great outdoors and into oblivion...or maybe I  didnt hold the end cap tight enough... ??? ) so Ive not been back to it for a while....

USMA-1982

Ouch.  Anyway figured out how to do the install without drilling and tapping the tube.  I tapped the hole in the trigger housing for a 10-32 screw and used a 10-32x3/8 SS button head socket cap screw.  It's holding pretty securely but will hit it with some lok-tite when I'm ready for final assembly.
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

breakfastchef

Larry

Fronzdan

Wow really twisted your arm on that purchase, lol.

Dan, could you have cut the air gauge hole all the way through?  I love that stock on the prod.  How much to buy one from Crosman?