Anyone Have a Crosman Challenger 2009 PCP Rifle

Started by breakfastchef, June 16, 2013, 05:04:38 AM

breakfastchef

Quote from: arkmaker on July 12, 2013, 01:09:05 AM
Every time one of you guys get a new shooter I want a new one too! Is that so wrong? My wife thinks so, but I think she is wrong  ;D

Sell off a few to fund a new one. You can't love them all?
Larry

Fronzdan

Wrong, no.  Dangerous, yes.  Three sure fire ways to empty your wallet...come here and read about someone getting a new toy....go browse on the Yellow, Green or CAPOF Classifieds....or get the PA flyer in the mail.

arkmaker †

Quote from: breakfastchef on July 12, 2013, 01:13:40 AM
Sell off a few to fund a new one. You can't love them all?

Yes I can love 'em all!!

I have thought about it, but the last time I sold off some, I cried like a baby for a week (blamed it on the hip surgery). I'm not strong enough to go though it again this soon  ;D ;D ;D

Almost have enough for a P-Rod in the kitty now. Soon!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Fronzdan

In moments of guilt, I consider selling something.  Then I realize there is nothing I could let go of.

Fronzdan

I removed the lawyer spring on my Challenger today.  MUCH lighter first stage now.  Depinger is next, it needs it!

Chef, have you taken the upper apart yet?  I'm thinking I'd like to polish up the bolt assembly.

breakfastchef

Quote from: Fronzdan on July 20, 2013, 11:09:08 PM
I removed the lawyer spring on my Challenger today.  MUCH lighter first stage now.  Depinger is next, it needs it!

Chef, have you taken the upper apart yet?  I'm thinking I'd like to polish up the bolt assembly.

I have not taken the upper apart. I did order two additional transfer ports in the event I decide to up-tune the rifle. I am liking the way it shoots right now, though.

I did tweak the trigger group this past week. Removing the 'Lawyer Spring' helped to reduce overall trigger pressure. I moved the trigger blade back @2mm, reduced the 1st stage travel and lightened the 2nd stage. I would not let anyone else shoot this rifle unless it is on target because of the way the trigger is set. It is safe, but needs a gentle touch.
Larry

arkmaker †

Reminds me of how quickster47 had the 1701 trigger set!! So light I could not shoot it for anything.... He did good with it though :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Fronzdan

Yeah when I removed it, my first shot was a complete surprise. I increased the adjustable pull a bit and it's good now.