.30 cal.

Started by Trophyhunter49, January 12, 2016, 05:04:04 PM

Monkeydad1969

Joe
Aurora, CO.

Trophyhunter49

:) :) :) :) :)  Happy Happy Happy !!!!!  Well I got my Don Cothran valve and stainless tube in today!! Man I love it when I boxes in the mail with air gun parts in them !!!  ;) ;) Here a couple of pics of the NEW tube with the valve already installed! :)

tinker

Nice Mike!
If that came in the mail I would taken something apart just to test the valve and air tube!

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Monkeydad1969

Joe
Aurora, CO.

Paul

looking forward to the finished article and the chrono test.

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: tinker on February 20, 2016, 02:02:38 AM
Nice Mike!
If that came in the mail I would taken something apart just to test the valve and air tube!

Glen
I did ! I tested the set up with a a breech and barrel . I put it all together and filled it with 3500 PSI and let it sit for and hour and NO leaks were found . Then I degas it and set it aside untill the rest of the parts get here. I should have told this at first ,it did not come with the fill adapter! This pic. was made just before I set it aside!! Don always test his parts before shipping them too !!  :-*

1377x

I read somewhere that the p-rod fill adapter fits and has a lower profile
closed mouths dont get fed

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: 1377x on February 20, 2016, 06:29:26 PM
I read somewhere that the p-rod fill adapter fits and has a lower profile
Yes Sir, The PROD and the Disco have the same diameter , Also same as the 22XX tubes! That's what makes it so easy to build an inexpensive PCP !

WyoMan

Hey TH...
Could you use one of these?...a Wyo-port:

Fits in the big valve like this:

Is just marginally smaller than .250" i.d. The length will be too long but you can cut (sand) to fit:

pm me if you can use one and I'll mail it with a couple extra o-rings - guaranteed not to leak - sort of  :D

Good luck and keep posting the progress  :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

Monkeydad1969

Hey Wyo,

If you have anymore left, I'd like to buy one for my valve.  It's the .250 TP.

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.

WyoMan

Quote from: Monkeydad1969 on February 21, 2016, 04:21:00 AM
Hey Wyo,

If you have anymore left, I'd like to buy one for my valve.  It's the .250 TP.

Joe

pm sent - thanks
Wyo

Gippeto

Those around 5/16" length + the orings? 010 presumably?

Thx

Al

WyoMan

That's pretty close, Al
Sleeve is .270" long but I went with metric o-rings - 1.5mm x 6.5mm. They have a larger i.d. and slightly smaller o.d. than the -010...some room for the compression.
The oal is .388". Figuring the o-rings can compress about 50 thou gives .338"...
Cothran c-b                .150
Tube                           .063
Breech plus BBL c-b    .125

Sound like it's in the ball park?
thanks
Wyo

Gippeto

Give or take...I made up four "tubes" and put a couple o-rings in the package with them. Mike will have to take them down to correct length.

Al

WyoMan

That's the best way...take down to fit. We don't know if all the valve / tube tolerances will be the same so there are too many variables.
They certainly aren't a "one size fits all" but the o-rings do allow about a .040" range +/- ...so we're playing horse shoes instead of darts  :)
thanks
Wyo