1322 what to do?

Started by RinCG, May 21, 2016, 05:48:33 PM

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

bgmcgee

Looks pretty cool to me. :-*  Nice work.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

RinCG

Thanks Fellas! Over all length with the 10" barrel is right at 22". Slick little carbine.
just sighted it in. Had forgotten how nice the little 2.5x20 Bantam scope is. Circle-X reticle sighted for 15yds spot on cross hair with 6 pumps, @ 10 pumps same distance just under top of the upper circle/vert stadia. I can focus clearly at 5 feet and read plate numbers at 60 yards. Quite a sweet scope for $19.99!

quickster47 †

Nice build you gave there.  Compact with all the necessary pieces.  :-* :-* :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

targettgii

That is a sweet looking little carbine. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

RinCG

Thankies Gents!

Discovered a couple things. I found that by shouldering the Carbonated(lol)13xx so it is squared up to my body instead of rifleman style, the LOP is perfect. ie: torso 90 degrees to the shoulder stock. Works well for my shooting style in other disciplines also. I use shorter than standard LOP's for shotgunning and AR types also so why not airguns? Not sure how I missed that detail before but there you have it.

Lower rings would be beneficial & a comb extension (not a riser) will help a lot. Luckily I see that bastion of Capitalism (WM) actually has some low rimfire/ag rings in stock(.27" and .32")???? Someone is looking out for me I think, or at least making sure the hole in my wallet stays cobweb free  ;D . PVC/ABS will form an extension along with a piece of leather out of my scrap box for a cover.

For those that have painted these stocks:  What do you use ? Krylon Fusion, bedliner, Rustoleum? Is one brand/color better at color matching? and which one is seemingly more durable- I don't enjoy taking back apart to re-do my work unless there is some good performance benefit.  No, I won't go wild hippie dippie cosmic trippy colors lol just looking for suggestions.   

RinCG

Well I did away with the idea of lower rings and the comb extension. I dug through some boxes and found a cast off ventilated butt pad. Happened to be it was 5/8"! What luck. Drizzled some 2 part epoxy on and clamped it on. Perfect alignment. Judicious sanding and now needs a paint job for sure. Will leave it basic black.

Thought I may as well chrony it so I sort of have a stock baseline. Remember I did enlarge the transfer port to .154-ish, all else remains stock thus far.

5 pumps avg'd 440
6 avg'd 454
10 avg'd 468

fairly linear with low 3fps deviations using 14.3g cphp's. Happy that it is at the advertised velocity at 10 pumps.
Will be shimming the pump cup seal and stiffening the piston and angling the port.  I have some delrin rod that is about .25" diameter and may reduce the valve volume slightly. Is it reasonable to assume 480-500 fps at 6-7 pumps with a 14" barrel?
I'm having fun eliminating fur and feathers at the 450 fps levels, more with less effort is all gravy.  :-*

RinCG

I know I know- nothing new but updated the barrel and replaced the blown out transfer port not the seal but the port(  ??? I must've done a poor job enlarging it as it now has nothing to keep it centered in the barrel port. Spares are nice to have.) Modded the factory band to allow the 14 1/4" barrel to snugly fit. No shimming required.
Chrony showed  470 fps @ 6 pumps and 501 fps @ 10 pumps. Deviation still low 3's. Decent improvement for a small amount of work. Seems less loud at least. Really appreciate the Alchemy Band now after switching back to stock. The pump arm wobbles and is less precise feeling. I could either mod the Alchemy band the same way or get a ready made one.
Sooner or later will dig inside and do piston/valve mods...maybe. It's getting the job done but as always some improvement is in (or on) order  ;)

RinCG

obligatory deer in the headlights pic.
Modded the Alchemy band for the longer barrel. 3D material is tough stuff!

Couldn't wait 7 days for the paint to cure did manage 48 hours though.  :P
Looking at this lil feller now, it needs a functional ldc.

oldgearhead

Yours looks about like mine. I found a step-drill that easily drilled the barrel band. Since this photo was taken I've added a 45° angle adapter to the rail for easy on-off for a flashlight.The (pictured) laser sight is gone...
J-B or GooGone?
Tissue test and Q-tips
JSB Exact or LUM-77?
Longer barrel?

RinCG

Could be twins! lol I even tried the laser/flashlight combo on mine.
I have a 11mm and a 7/16 drill bit some where. After 10 moves they are most likely at move 3 or 4  :P
I did manage to find my new 3/8" bit and sanded/fit/sanded/fit that last 1/16". Tedious but is super snug to barrel. 

oldgearhead

I really enjoy how easy it loads with the pistol scope in the 'scout' position.
J-B or GooGone?
Tissue test and Q-tips
JSB Exact or LUM-77?
Longer barrel?

RinCG

Had thought about doing the same thing but didn't have a pistol scope in the goody box. It sure looks like a good solution to getting a pellet in easily as well as keeping the carbine balanced.
I borrowed my hair clip loader that I use with my scoped 853. Waist of the pellet goes in the open ends and my chubby fingers don't fumble at the port.