1322 what to do?

Started by RinCG, May 21, 2016, 05:48:33 PM

RinCG

Ordered/received a 1322 2 weeks ago. Really was impressed with the newer style grips and pump handle. Actually felt pretty good pointing and pumping. Trigger not so much(surprise huh?). Could support the cocked gun and bounce on trigger finger without firing.  ??? Did some deburring/polishing, .020 wire sear spring, fit a guide for it and shimmed the pivots to eliminate the wobble. Pull is Not too bad now @ 1.5#. I can deal with that. Fired a few shots(notice that I have a problem- mods 1st and then check to see if it works lol ) and I was underwhelmed. 2 shots on target(1" bull at 15yds), 1 completely off card , 2 on, but 5" away from bull. Try again more misses than hits. Quite a bit of barrel play...rats! Mods en route. Started with a steel breech. That will help a bunch. Been reading a bunch here, the Green and GTA. Asked Davio a question or two yesterday and ordered more stuff today. A band to compliment the breech as well as the pivot pin and a bolt probe. I'm not too concerned about making max power(yet, it will happen. btdt. I have faith in human nature). Still need a set of dovetail mounts for a 2.5x20 shotgun scope and adapter for my stock.
Is there anything else I should be considering to achieve minute of squirrel's eye at 20yards?
tia  :)

bgmcgee

Looks to me like you've got it pretty much covered. Have fun.  :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

mudduck48

Looks like you are on the right track. After that, all you will need is to find the pellet that it likes. :)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

beejwest

I've got a Davio aluminum breech on mine with a slightly longer bbl and backpacker band to accommodate muzzle accessories.  Paired with p-rod trigger group/hammer and flat top piston and valve.  On top sits a Walther MRS red dot.  Shooting CPHP's I've not tagged a squirrel, but it's MoH (Minute of HOSP  8) )for sure at 20 yards!
Full blown Crosmaniac.

quickster47 †

Sounds like you are on the right track.

More power, flat top piston and valve, and longer barrel.

Better trigger control, 1701P trigger frame.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

RinCG

Good to know I'm "thinkin right".
Barrel will fine for now. Narrowed down to 12-14.5" when I do swap one in.
The trigger group is something I've been reading most on. A great trigger really helps thread the needle so to speak.
As far as more power: if it ain't all in by 10 pumps, I'm reaching for something else. 5-8 pumps is the range I'm looking for. I don't think the low-mid 500's is an unreasonable goal. Will be looking for as much flow as possible down low. 

1377x

Plus one on the 1701 trigger group. Remember a custom hammer or jbweld nodded hammer is needed you will end up with a broken sear
closed mouths dont get fed

RinCG

Good reminder 1377x.

Steel breech arrived today. Installed and test fired. No leaks and consistency improved hugely. Can now keep 10 shots in a 10m bull (with only the front sight!?) Went ahead robbed the 4x scope off the CMP 853. Tested with a taco style hold. This is now shooting as I recall my former 13xx did. The trigger, as improved as polish/respring is, is the downfall. I definitely know where I go next!  The hammer advice is much appreciated.

quickster47 †

Quote from: RinCG on May 24, 2016, 01:49:12 AM
Good reminder 1377x.

Steel breech arrived today. Installed and test fired. No leaks and consistency improved hugely. Can now keep 10 shots in a 10m bull (with only the front sight!?) Went ahead robbed the 4x scope off the CMP 853. Tested with a taco style hold. This is now shooting as I recall my former 13xx did. The trigger, as improved as polish/respring is, is the downfall. I definitely know where I go next!  The hammer advice is much appreciated.

Here is all the information you will probably need to fit the 1701P trigger frame.

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,4561.0.html

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

RinCG

Thanks Carl! I've read every word on those 19 pages (3 times to tell the truth). Saved to my speed dial and a small detail or two tells me that I need to re-read it again.  :-[    Yes I'm sponging up what I can. Have too many wild crazy ideas in many different directions to remember it all. I now know the trigger is definitely "next".

quickster47 †

I also have a modified 1377 hammer sitting around if you need to make a swap.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

RinCG

Thank you! Will be another paycheck away before I can move ahead further. Very righteous of you to offer.

quickster47 †

Quote from: RinCG on May 24, 2016, 02:48:14 AM
Thank you! Will be another paycheck away before I can move ahead further. Very righteous of you to offer.

PM me your address and I send you a modified 1377 hammer.  I trust you and besides that, lots of folks in my old organization, the CIA, still owe me some big favors. LoL  ;D

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

RinCG

I know I'm Way out there, but not so sure you need to contact the Celestial Intervention Agency?! (obligatory Dr Who reference)
pm sent.and Thank You, you big ol' enabler you  ;)   

quickster47 †

Quote from: RinCG on May 24, 2016, 10:13:09 PM
I know I'm Way out there, but not so sure you need to contact the Celestial Intervention Agency?! (obligatory Dr Who reference)
pm sent.and Thank You, you big ol' enabler you  ;)

Too funny.  Gots to remember that reference...  :P

Carl

In Omnia Paratus