Crosman 150 She's back together

Started by Crosshairs, March 30, 2011, 12:43:22 AM

Crosshairs

I have a old 150 from many years ago.needs work,parts are on order needs valve rebuild,OK the tube and barrel show its age but no dents or rust.Should i leave it,strip it and paint it or polish it.Mind the finish now is blued not paint, this was my Dads its from the 50s.BTW its been in pieces for years but everything is there.
                Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

NorthStaR

If you have fond memories of it maybe let it be. Depends if thats a factor though!

If not, 'shiny' seems fashionable at the moment!  ;)

Maybe just do a restore to brand new original condition. It'll be a nice classic.

EDIT: It could be the brother of an EB22
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Crosshairs

Funny you say that i have the EB/E9A series in .177,.22 and .20 cal. it would look good all shiny Hm

arkmaker †

Keep it blue...re-blue if needed. It is a classic and should be saved! IMHO
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

C Mellon

I can't count how many guns I screwed up when I was younger. Sanding them to make them shiny, refinishing stocks & grips, drilling holes. All I really did was screw up a nice gun, & remove it's history. In your case it's also part of your history. Strip it down, give the metal parts a bath with hot soapy water & a tooth brush. Dry it off good, & rub your old friend with a rag & some oil. Would you want some youngster sanding off your well earned lines when you get old?   
charlie mellon

NorthStaR

Sounds like a 'Flip-a-coin' decision!  :-*
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Cross Pistol Packer

Had to re blue my 150 after the dreaded rust bug got at it,looks ok now, but power output is low,time for another strip down & a little internal modding :)
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

Catfish33

I vote for rebuilding the internals and leaving the original worn finish. I think it gives the old guns character. I want to "weather" my AK47 (built in 1962) so it will look like it did before it was refinished for import.

Rualert

I have a 140 I'm slowly rebuilding, and someone painted it black. So my vote is to either keep the finish and just clean it up, or if your going for a full restoration have it re-blued. I'm going to strip that awful paint off mine, and have every external part re-blued to take it back to it's original glory. These guns are great pieces of history, and your is a part of not only air gun history, but yours too!

Just my 2 cents,

Casey

Crosshairs

Well i think i will first see how the rebuild works out, keep her as is for now.If all go's well i will reblue it.Damm when my Dad sees it he wont think its his.
                           Mike

arkmaker †

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 31, 2011, 01:48:23 AM
Well i think i will first see how the rebuild works out, keep her as is for now.If all go's well i will reblue it.Damm when my Dad sees it he wont think its his.
                           Mike

Oh, I think he'll remember it just like the day he bought it!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

NorthStaR

If it turns out real nice, you won't want him to recognize it - he may want it back!  ;D
Double-tap!

Crosshairs

Lol he has 4 of my guns at his house,he wont want me to take them back. But he will want it back,     just kidding.
                Mike

AirArmsDavid

:)

Here's my 150.....
I put the plastic grips back on to make it more original (those shown were all chewed up so I swapped the wood grips for some mint ones). It has a little wear around the breech cover but you can't avoid that. A real pleasure to shoot!

AirArmsDavid

:)

Also, on its way from Germany soon, I bought this 157 so as to have the pair.......