I messed up how do you put the plastic breech sight back on

Started by rittah, May 06, 2011, 02:21:54 AM

quickster47 †

If it's hitting anything it would be the hammer spring and that is bad.  As I stated before, that screw is too long for where you want to use it.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

slothart

wow... quickfire

Are you using the screw that came with the stock plastic breech or the screw that came with your steel breech?

The screw for the steel breech is significantly shorter because it does not allow for the stock rear plastic sight.  Based on the pictures, it looks like you are using the stock screw... at least that is my guess.
Crosman: 1377carbine / Beeman: Tempest / Benjamin: P-Rod, 310 & 342 / Sheridan: Blue Streak & Blue Streak Steroid (both rockers) / AA TX200HC

quickster47 †

Yes you need a replacement screw.  The one used to hold the plastic rear sight is too long and should NOT be used.  As I mentioned previously, I think that screw is .75" (3/4").

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

woody67

Yes.. how long is the screw u are using and where did you get it?

Is the 'set screw' u mentioned the one that attaches the tube to the trigger frame/grip handle part?

rittah

I took off the breech, does this look normal?

slothart

I took a picture of the screws... the one on the left is the stock screw for the plastic breech with the rear sight.  The one on the right is the screw for the steel breech. (the yellow grid underneath the screws is made of 1 inch squares for an idea of scale/size)
Crosman: 1377carbine / Beeman: Tempest / Benjamin: P-Rod, 310 & 342 / Sheridan: Blue Streak & Blue Streak Steroid (both rockers) / AA TX200HC

rittah

wow ok, if I took my dremel could I make this screw work correctly, or is there some thing else different about it.

quickster47 †

Yes you can use your Dremel to shorten the length.  Just make sure the threads on the end are clean so they thread into the end cap okay.

Don't understand why you did not get a new rear breech screw with your breech.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

Crosshairs

Make sure you dont tighten the bottom screw that holds the frame you wont be able to move the end cap to line up the holes.
                 Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

NorthStaR

I dremeled my breech screw. Even the one supplied was too long (GMAC breec, especially with a P.A).
But you also can add a couple of washers to raise it up if you don't want to cut it (but it may interfere with your rear sight).
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

rittah

Crosman responded to my email this morning they are sending
Out the screw. Should get it 5 to 7 days
Now I think it was Mike that said this. What do you mean lining up the holes?
Do I need to turn that cap on the end or is is ok.
I uploaded a pic without the breech on top.
Please outline all holes I need to worry about.
Maybe I can get this working so my wife stops laughing at me lol

quickster47 †

If you look at the end cap the two 8-32 tapped holes are opposite each other, essentially the hole is drilled all the way through and then tapped using an 8-32 tap.

The bottom screw comes up through the trigger frame.  It is the 8-32 x 5/16 screw used to secure the rear of the trigger frame.  When you install the rear screw of the breech make sure the back screw in the trigger frame is loose so you can wiggle the end cap to get the screw in the rear of the breech started.  Hope that makes sense.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus