I messed up how do you put the plastic breech sight back on

Started by rittah, May 06, 2011, 02:21:54 AM

rittah

Ok, I am putting the plastic breech back on (long story don't ask) but the screw isn't screwing back in. what did I break and how do I fix? Even if I go back to the steel breech the screw will not screw in.
thanks

woody67

You have to hold everything together to screw it in. If you don't have the endcap on, there is nothing ffor the screw to set into.

Hope that helps.  Want to sell your steel breech?

rittah

thanks, but going back to the steel breech. I have decided this will not beat me. so I went back to the steel, I put in the breech screw and then held the back and then put in the plug into the back of the steel breech and the screw will not screw down. Seems to hit the set screw of the back. I don't know maybe I will just leave it off lol

quickster47 †

Are you using the OEM plastic rear sight?  If so, that sight does not fit on the Crosman steel breech.  So how are you trying to mount it?  Also, don't understand your reference to a set screw on the rear end cap.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

rittah

Nope leaving the plastic sight off. it says to use the same screw though to screw into the back of the breech through that plug they gave me. If I take the breech off, I can see a set screw that holds in where you would put in a power adjuster. then there is a little gap then it hits the cocking pin. I am not removing the back cap which is 2250-004 in your pic, should I be?

woody67

Did you line up the holes?    (Not to be translated into 'how dumb are you?')....

Can you put up a pic of what you're having problems with? Your description is hard to envision (translate into: 'we don't know what the %$*& you're talking about')

Haha  :-*

rittah

no worries, I take of offense. let me figure out how to put up a pic

rittah

Ok, here is a pic. The screw just stops like it is too long. it is the original screw.

woody67

rittah

not the spring but what appears to be a set screw at the end of that cap. I can take it apart again if that would help get a better view. If I unscrewed that cap it would probably fit but then I am afraid the cap wouldn't go on.

quickster47 †

Another simple question.  What gun are you working on?  Is it a 22xx CO2 or a 1377 pumper?

That part you listed, 2250-004 - the end cap, is where the screw you are having difficulty with should screw into.  It has two threaded holes opposite each other.  Trigger frame screw goes into one side, rear breech screw into the other side.

The rear breech screw should should be about .75" if I remember correctly.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

rittah

quickster47 †

That screw is way too long for the steel breech. Your new steel breech should have come with a new screw for the rear.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

quickster47 †

The rear cap is symmetrical so if it turned it shouldn't matter.  Just make sure the holes line up.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus