I messed up how do you put the plastic breech sight back on

Started by rittah, May 06, 2011, 02:21:54 AM

bdb12586

Crosshairs

Quote from: quickster47 on May 07, 2011, 01:34:47 AM
If you look at the end cap the two 8-32 tapped holes are opposite each other, essentially the hole is drilled all the way through and then tapped using an 8-32 tap.

The bottom screw comes up through the trigger frame.  It is the 8-32 x 5/16 screw used to secure the rear of the trigger frame.  When you install the rear screw of the breech make sure the back screw in the trigger frame is loose so you can wiggle the end cap to get the screw in the rear of the breech started.  Hope that makes sense.

Carl
I think i said that already but not in so many words  :-*
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

Quote from: rittah on May 06, 2011, 02:33:33 PM
Now I think it was Mike that said this. What do you mean lining up the holes?

Well after reading what you posted he asked for a better explanation so I provided it.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Quote from: quickster47 on May 07, 2011, 02:47:45 PM
Well after reading what you posted he asked for a better explanation so I provided it.

Carl   No you didnt you just said the same thing with more words,trying to act to smart again.
                                          Mike

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

rittah

Hey, I am thankful for everyones help and the different approaches. Please don't argue on my account. This is a great forum.  :)

quickster47 †

"I think i said that already but not in so many words "  Truthfully, and I do know this will be difficult for you Mike, when you stop and think about it, was your comment really necessary?  No it wasn't. You were just trying to get a dig in on me, again.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

packrat

Fellers !!!! PLEASE--the important thing is that the correct answer(s) to the question/problem is provided......don't make me lock up everyone's pellets  :) :)

AA S410,FAC,.22,Carbine- 1740,10", "hot" valve-BIG FUN !-.177 TalonSS in BLUE
"HEY !! This gettin' old thing is NOT for sissies !"  -Packrat, Georgia, USA.

rittah

The LPA MIM rear sight came today and the front fiber optic. Once I get the breech screw I can put on the rear sight and start shootin again. I have some targets just waitin for holes hahaha.

packrat

Alrighty then  ;) Sounds like you'll be "up and running" in a very short while !!

AA S410,FAC,.22,Carbine- 1740,10", "hot" valve-BIG FUN !-.177 TalonSS in BLUE
"HEY !! This gettin' old thing is NOT for sissies !"  -Packrat, Georgia, USA.