Muzzle brakes

Started by mcc1961, August 16, 2011, 03:02:26 AM

mcc1961

Thinking about buying a muzzle brake for my 2300T.Exactly what does a muzzle brake do and will a 7/16" brake work on a 2300T and also how do you remove the front sight because there are no screws?I can get one for $25 is it worth the money for the effect it will have?
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

1377x

depends on the brake
they will add weight to the front of the gun for sure
they can all make your gun backyard friendly aka mouse fart quiet
i have a mellonair brake  i made backyard friendly for $15usd total cost
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

Let me ask you this right up front. why are you wanting a muzzle brake?

A muzzle brake will redirect sound and potentially help with clean air for the pellets flight.  The sound redirection is governed by the angle of the vents/holes. It generally doesn't collect lead dust nor does it decrease the noise level.

If you are wanting to make your gun backyard neighbor friendly then I suggest you contact Mike at http://www.tko22.com/ and talk with him about what you are wanting.  He will definitely get you going in the right direction.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

hellgrips98

ya carl is right tko muzzle is the best there is... it almost eliminates the report... i got the 6" stage v and 7.5" the latter one works best for me

http://hellgrips98.webs.com/ click here to see my exotic wood grips

breakfastchef

I chose a muzzle brake for my 1377 for looks only. I really do not know if muzzle breaks or air stirppers really do much to reduce sound, but they look pretty cool.
Larry

1377x

Quote from: hellgrips98 on August 16, 2011, 04:44:49 AM
ya carl is right tko muzzle is the best there is... it almost eliminates the report... i got the 6" stage v and 7.5" the latter one works best for me
i used to think that ,too. sold my tko.must have been a defective one.
i have heard good things about ac customs mb's
the one i heard locally  is the only one ill get now. its permanently attached to the barrel, length and caliber of your choosing.
closed mouths dont get fed

ScottyB

Got mine for the "cool" factor.  LOL....   mine is ported on both sides and I have noticed the sound being redirected.  To me sounds louder.  Guess cuz instead of being directed straight forward it's going forward, left and right.
"Thank God for rednecks!"-Tallahassee/Zombieland

NorthStaR

I thought I'd do a quick diagram to show a little info on these. Please let me know if you'd like this image removed, it is only one click and it's gone.  :-*

THIS IS A REFERENCE. I AM NOT SUGGESTING ANYONE MAKES THESE.
CHECK YOUR COUNTRIES & LOCAL LAWS.

Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Crosshairs

Yeah i also use TKO  brakes and  AC Custom  Air Stripper and just ordered a brake from AC, the stripper will improve accuracy but not make it back yard friendly.The longer TKO brake will improve accuracy better then the shorter and also make it back yard friendly.I use the 7 1/2" brake on most of my gun's.I do have 6 1/2" and a 5" that i also use.
                                          Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

Quote from: NorthStaR on August 16, 2011, 11:58:53 AM
I thought I'd do a quick diagram to show a little info on these. Please let me know if you'd like this image removed, it is only one click and it's gone.  :-*

THIS IS A REFERENCE. I AM NOT SUGGESTING ANYONE MAKES THESE.
CHECK YOUR COUNTRIES & LOCAL LAWS.

Excellent little drawing you have there Senor NorthStar.   :-*  :-*   :-*

Gonna add that to my muzzle brake file folder.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

hotshot

My brother bought a "compensator" for his 1911 umarex colt. He asked me if it actually did anything I couldnt really give him an answer. just to confuse matter more is a compensator a muzzle brake?
1377c    -   "Pumpmaster" Carbine
1322      -    Custom carbine
2250B    -   "Ratcatcher"
EB20      -    Carbine
Sheridan

NorthStaR

Quote from: quickster47 on August 16, 2011, 02:19:12 PM
Excellent little drawing you have there Senor NorthStar.   :-*  :-*   :-*

Gonna add that to my muzzle brake file folder.

Carl

muchísimas gracias General Quick!  :)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Madkoifish

A compensator if real is suppose to compensate for the lift of the barrel by redirecting the exhaust gasses to "compensate" for the lift of recoil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzle_brake

As to how they work or if they work on airguns I dunno. A few are cosmetic, hiding a longer barrel on the gun.

mcc1961

I ordered a muzzle brake from mellonair for $15 total no tax or s/h fees ,I got the 4 1/2"x 3/4" inch and I have the stock barrel.Can't wait to see how it works and looks!
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

hotshot

Quote from: Madkoifish on August 16, 2011, 07:41:05 PM
A compensator if real is suppose to compensate for the lift of the barrel by redirecting the exhaust gasses to "compensate" for the lift of recoil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzle_brake

As to how they work or if they work on airguns I dunno. A few are cosmetic, hiding a longer barrel on the gun.

thanks for that and good answer, I have told my brother and I sounded pretty cool.  8)
1377c    -   "Pumpmaster" Carbine
1322      -    Custom carbine
2250B    -   "Ratcatcher"
EB20      -    Carbine
Sheridan