free target grips for your newby story

Started by hellgrips98, August 26, 2011, 01:40:03 AM

hellgrips98

Quote from: JEBert on August 26, 2011, 11:43:08 PM
I started by purchasing a 1377 in February of this year.  Newbe enough?
Maybe I can write an interesting story out of my experience.  Dunno if I can but I'll try.  So, deadline is Sept 30....
Cheers,
Jerry

the answer is yes...  :-*

http://hellgrips98.webs.com/ click here to see my exotic wood grips

Crosshairs

That's just a great thing to see and you are so right you already won BIG i shoot with my girl's and well never forget the time we had together  :-*  :-*  :-* 8)  8)
                          Mike
BTW nice job with the safety glasses good job.  :-*
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

hellgrips98

Make MY day

NICE grips!!!!!  Even though I'm a newbie and your contest still has over 1 month to go, I think most of the members would nominate ScottB's son as the recipient.
What are the diameters of your grips when mounted on a 1377?  I have problems with stock grips being too small, even on my Taurus Raging Bull 454 Casual.  Can not get the finger tip on the trigger, only the 2nd joint unless I bend my wrist out.
With age comes skills.
It's called 'Multi Tasking'.
I can
Laugh, Cough, Sneeze, Fart and Pee all at the same time.

ScottyB

Ah come on guys!  I don't want the cute factor to be a factor.  That's all I got.  Let's hear some stories already!   Lol
"Thank God for rednecks!"-Tallahassee/Zombieland

redhawk44357

Ok, I'm not a newbie, but this tread reminded me of what i did with my first airgun. In 1962 i got a Daisy model 25 (which i still have). Along with shooting soup cans from the hip in the air, i would pick other oddball targets like tadpoles in a near by pit.   Well one day it occured to me that a shotgun shell would just fit in the bottom hole of a wooden peach basket and if i hung that basket on a tree it might make for an interesting target.  So i did just that and seated myself on a nearby bench and comenced to shoot at the shell, hoping to hit the primer.  The shell had no shot in it but still had the powder. I do remember it took quite a few shots to finally hit the primer, but when it did, jeezum!!  That shell flew straight across my backyard and smacked the side of our garage.  My garage had a sort of clay shingles on the side and the shell put the neatest little hole in the wall for all to see.    Needless to say, my father was less that pleased. 

arkmaker †

Classic!!!  ;D ;D
Like me trying to blow up old bic lighters. Never did get one to explode  :-X
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

ScottyB

Redhawk  :-*   LOL...  reminds me of the things I did as a kid.  Growing up before the 80s were awesome.  Miss those days.  Kids grow up too fast these days.  My son will be 5 in a few months.  Already knows more about computers than me.  ???

arkmaker †

Quote from: ScottyB on August 28, 2011, 04:04:42 AM
My son will be 5 in a few months.  Already knows more about computers than me.  ???

That computer stuff is just second nature to them these days. The really important stuff is yet to come, like spending time and having fun, teaching him the proper and safe way to shoot. Trust me, you're gonna like the memories when they are gone and grown. I only wish I had more with my son...., but now it is grandson time!!!! Don't miss any of those moments
Rich!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

hellgrips98

Quote from: arkmaker on August 28, 2011, 05:59:29 PM
That computer stuff is just second nature to them these days. The really important stuff is yet to come, like spending time and having fun, teaching him the proper and safe way to shoot. Trust me, you're gonna like the memories when they are gone and grown. I only wish I had more with my son...., but now it is grandson time!!!! Don't miss any of those moments
Rich!
i totally agree... ;)

Crosshairs

Not a Newby but i do have a story.I was 6 0r 7 whan i shot my first pellet gun it was a crosman 150 that my dad had, we were upstate NY in the woods.He was showing me safety tips and how to aim,after about ten shot i started to hit the target.Like a fish i was hooked.He let me use it but only when he was there.So on christman of 1968 i got a Daisy Buffalo Bill Scout that i still have.The next year i got a crosman 760 for Christmas.Then my dad fell ill he could not work i had to drop out of school so i could help my mom pay bills but still shot at least once a week with friends.I would put all my extra change in a jar saveing up for my next BB gun. So the first gun i bought with my own money was a  used crosman 140 for 10 bucks it was just like new.I was hopeing dad did not get mad at me for spending money on a  air gun.But when he saw it he said let me shoot that i will go get my 150 and we can shoot together it was one of the best day's of my life.  :-*
                              Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

arkmaker †

Good story Mike! I have a coffee can (well two of them now) that I use for change. They are my Marauder funds!! I figure that it will take 3 full cans maybe four............. :)

Rich

ScottyB

Awesome Mike!  I just one day my son will remember our times together.

redhawk44357

hellgrips98

im enjoying the stories guys... im saving to get some more stainless parts from don too... want to transform my beat up 2300s... give it a new tube and breech set the internals would be stock... the 2300s is good for plinking as i get 60 shots from a powerlet  :-*