can i make my 2300t whisper quiet

Started by crossy72, September 10, 2011, 11:17:17 PM

quickster47 †

Quote from: Make MY day on September 14, 2011, 03:19:56 AM
Who makes the quietest LEGAL Hushpuppy for the 1377C pumper here in the USA??  I have a MountainAire Shroud on a 14.5 in barrell.  Even though I'm a little(?) hard of hearing, I have no trouble hearing loud Pop besides the trigger and other associated noises.  With my Radio Shack DB meter placed 3 foot to the side of the end of the shroud, I get a 67 dB reading at 12 pumps.

For the quickest and easiest path I would suggest you take a look at this website: http://www.tko22.com/ and then contact Mike at  402-889-9222 or send him an eMail at sales@tko22.com and talk to him about what you are wanting.  Mike is a great person to deal with and can fix you up with a good practical solution.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Make MY day

Thanks quidkster47!  I forgot about the darned SnowBirds who will be coming south in a month or two.  Most of them who own places where I live are German Baptist who dislike cats but seem to love the treerats as long as they are on someone else's property
With age comes skills.
It's called 'Multi Tasking'.
I can
Laugh, Cough, Sneeze, Fart and Pee all at the same time.

crossy72

hy guys, well got a sound moderator from a local shooting/fishing/general anything type establishment and its quiet,really whisper quiet,its a KASU ESM9,designed for the rabbit stopper and ratcatcher and comes as a single unit secured by a a grub screw onto the barrel,would have preffered a seperate adapter and screw on sound device,but life isnt perfect and i can now plink away,my pistol is now heavy and free hand aiming is difficult but looks similar to many pistols on the forum,so if you guys can shoot em then i can hopefully master it,will post a picture when i figure out how to compress the file
nick  :-*

quickster47 †

Quote from: crossy72 on September 17, 2011, 03:27:24 PM
Will post a picture when i figure out how to compress the file.

What type of computer and operating system are you using?

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

Brutuz

If you can't manage to shrik it yourself here's how to get the job done easily  :-*

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=58.0
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

azzbat2387

a good polish and lube for all moving parts (mirror finish ) delrin or ptfe covers for impacting parts to prevent impact vibration noise (may need replacing every now and then) this will prevent as much internal noise as possible then its down to gas managment the less gas you use per shot the easier it will be to contain (make shhhh)  so yes shhher is vital but not the only concern when trying to make a gas gun  whisper quiet

aaron :)

quickster47 †

Another thing you might consider is installing a HDD (Hammer Debounce Device).

So why is a HDD necessary?  Well, glad you asked that.  The problem with the Crosman 22xx CO2 guns is hammer bounce (repeatedly hitting the exhaust valve, releasing small burps of CO2) and that wastes gas.  So anything you can do to keep the hammer from repeatedly striking the valve will improve (lessen) the CO2 usage.  Therefore, less CO2 gets wasted when the hammer isn't bouncing into the valve multiple times per trigger pull.  The design of the HDD for Crosman pistols allows the hammer to fly forward without any drag, but as soon as it starts snapping backward the HDD expands against the walls of the bolt bore and brakes it.  This stops the hammer from opening the valve multiple times as it bounces back and forth between the hammer spring and valve spring tension, which obviously just wastes gas.

The HDD fits over the hammer's cocking pin, with the slot/opening facing backward.  The opening/slot is what makes the device expand; the hammer snapping backwards makes the pin attempt to back out of that opening/slot and makes the body expand in the bolt bore, creating friction to slow the hammer.  Forward motion isn't restricted though, so your shot velocity remains unaffected.  You just get way more shots per fill since it isn't re-opening the valve after the pellet's already gone.

It's also worth mentioning that a gun is a lot quieter with the HDD installed.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

JEBert

So Carl,
Can you recommend an HDD that is affordable and reliable?  The reported problems with AOA's HDD has me a little aprehensive about spending $20 + shipping for one that might last for a tin of pellets.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

quickster47 †

Actually I believe you can get one from arkmaker that appears to work quite well.  But let me say that if you have a highly modified gun for power the life expectancy of any HDD will be shortened simply because of the added force and stress on the part.

Take a look at this article by the person who originally designed the AoA HDD.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/thread/1308750408/Crosman+Bolt+mod'+to+eliminate+AoA+HDD+breakage-

I have one in my 2300KT that I use for target shooting and it has been there now for longer than a year and is still working.  But that gun is detuned for paper killing.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

crossy72

worked out how to resize,so hear she is with the biggest apendage ever,shot loads though it this afternoon as its soooooo quiet and had a right laugh,everything in our bin "trash bin" has hole's in it,the extra weight fades away after 50 plus shots,
lovin it
nick :-*

quickster47 †

Nice and simple 2300T.  I like it.  Now you need a nice pair of wooden grips to really set it off.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

crossy72

your absolutly right carl, that is my next purchase,really like the pistol but the plastic grips are rank,also i want to refit the original fibre optic front sight,which will need to be drilled through and slid behind the sound mod,ive measured the height and it clears the mod,
any ideas who does nice grips in the uk,sd custom designs one's are the right money and come in ambidex but the finish could be better, only other thing to try and sort is the trigger,now ive now shot around 300 rounds through the pistol and still the trigger feels vague

laptopdragon

nice to see your all setup...(this is a great forum).
that pistol looks great.

crossy72

cheers mate,yeah its coming on nicely, got the pistol dirt cheap so theres some money in the pot to mod, trigger mod is next nothing fancy maybe a shoe and polish and reduce the side play,then some nice grips
nick :-*

laptopdragon

cheers is right on the timing...
im stuck with half a pony keg of Heinekin, im trying to polish off, your post hit the nail right on the head... 8)

salute !

btw..i don't know how trigger shoes feel, but quickster 47 sent me an awesome fatty brass trick (i think from millio air) that is beautiful and great.
combine that with the 2stage sear, and a TKO spring, i have a very light and easy paper puncher...just hit 18 bullseyes in a row at 7 meters (with a rest)...