can i make my 2300t whisper quiet

Started by crossy72, September 10, 2011, 11:17:17 PM

NorthStaR

Quote from: crossy72 on September 18, 2011, 09:29:22 AM
....any ideas who does nice grips in the uk
nick  :-*

GMAC (UK) has an offshoot company that sells grips made by a member on here (HellGrips):

http://www.eurogrips.co.uk/

Perhaps a little pricier than SD or you could try the maker direct - you never know!  ;)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Make MY day

A question or two on the TKO22 Stage V Shrouds.  How far do you have the muzzle inserted into the Stage V shrouds for the quietest report?  I have 3 3/4 inch of barrel from the barrel band to the muzzle on my 1377C pnumatic and just received my 7 inch Stage V shroud from Mike today.
With age comes skills.
It's called 'Multi Tasking'.
I can
Laugh, Cough, Sneeze, Fart and Pee all at the same time.

quickster47 †

Usually less than two inches.  It should ft very, very snug.  So snug that you might think you do not need the set screws to keep it on.

What you have exposed should be plenty.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

crossy72

Quote from: Make MY day on September 25, 2011, 03:11:22 AM
A question or two on the TKO22 Stage V Shrouds.  How far do you have the muzzle inserted into the Stage V shrouds for the quietest report?  I have 3 3/4 inch of barrel from the barrel band to the muzzle on my 1377C pnumatic and just received my 7 inch Stage V shroud from Mike today.

cheers for the link to gmac,think iam going to try a set of sd grips as her in doors shoots left hand,and she likes a plink now and then,the sd grips come in ambedex,the finish on some of grips on he is unbelievable,would like some day to try making a set of my own
nick :-*

crossy72

whooops quoted from the wrong member,now witch end does the pellet come out of LOL

NICK  :-[

Make MY day

Not sure witch end the pellet comes out Nick.  But you can put your ear lobe near one end and squeeze the trigger in place of the paper test. 
With age comes skills.
I can

Make MY day

Just had a chance to test my new TKO22 Stage V modified Mountainaire shroud between the monsoon rains this afternoon.  With the original shroud. I was getting a low of 64 dB with a Radio Shack DB meter set 3 foot from the end of the shroud.  With the TKO modified shroud, I'm getting readings between 53 & 55 dB, at 12 pumps and the meter about 1 foot from the end.  I'm impressed but is it fair to the tree rats?
Now I just have to figure how to quite the trigger noise.
With age comes skills.
I can