can i make my 2300t whisper quiet

Started by crossy72, September 10, 2011, 11:17:17 PM

crossy72

hello folks,new shooter and i can tell the neighbours are getting interested in the loud POP and plink of my pistol,i really need some kind of muzzle brake,ive searched through the forum and iam a little confused,some suggest a muzzle brake,some muzzle brakes are longer than others, are muzzle brakes heavy and will it upset the balance of the pistol, i have a dot sight already so the open sights can go,BTW iam in the uk so any good uk suppiliers would be really helpful,i really like the pistol at the length it is but its way to loud,sd custom do an adapter to fit the barrel with a 1/2 inch thread to accept most muzzle brakes,but i dont know which muzzle brake will be ok,any help would be much appreciated,ps i dont now all the terminolagy yet so plane speak would help no end
regards nick

quickster47 †

For the quickest and easiest path I would suggest you take a look at this website: http://www.tko22.com/ and then contact Mike at  402-889-9222 or send him an eMail at sales@tko22.com and talk to him about what you are wanting.  Mike is a great person to deal with and can fix you up with a good practical solution.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Brutuz

Nick either Gmac or SD are able to sort the adaptor, in the UK the "phut device" has to be bought face to face from an RFD / Airgun Store, these can't be sent by mail in the UK by an RFD / Airgun Store.
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

crossy72

thanks guys,is there a right or wrong muzzle brake to buy for a pistol,is there a max and min length,how quiet and heavy are these muzzle brakes,sorry for 20 questions guys,i really have to sort this out,cos i can shoot off 100 shots easily and i really dont want the neighbours stopping my fun

nick

Brutuz

Check your PM Nick, this can be sorted very soon  :)
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

quickster47 †

Hmm, your post did not indicate you are in the UK so my reply is moot.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

crossy72

no probs my mistake ,appologies to forum
nick

1377x

op you are un the UK
you guys have the best shushers over there!
if only we didnt have to jump through hoops and pay through the nose to get them here!
closed mouths dont get fed

mcc1961

I have a 2300T and u can not even hear it till the pellet hits the target and I am using a $15 delrin muzzle brake from Mellonair.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

crossy72

does anyone know the outside diameter of the barrel on a rabbit stopper,found a phut devise at a local sell it all type shop,wondered if the barrel diameter is the same as my 2300t,
nick

hotshot

the flat bit at the end of the barrel is 11.2mm so an 11mm adapter will do it, then personally i would fit a weirauch shusher.
1377c    -   "Pumpmaster" Carbine
1322      -    Custom carbine
2250B    -   "Ratcatcher"
EB20      -    Carbine
Sheridan

NorthStaR

Quote from: hotshot on September 12, 2011, 12:35:31 AM
the flat bit at the end of the barrel is 11.2mm so an 11mm adapter will do it, then personally i would fit a weirauch shusher.

You can get a SWIFT Sssssssusher for half the price with the same outcome. Or 2 for 1!  ;)

crossy72, as your UK based these devces are 100% legal over here. Not in the US. I would suggest a trip to a good dealer near wherever
you reside and ask him what he has. Like I said a SWIFT brand (UK made) is a clone of the Weirauch and worth a look. UK based dealers can't
sell them over the web/post legally to another UK citizen so a trip may be in order either way.

The UK/Europe versions may have certain features and legal grounding that may or may not make them better than our
over-the-pond-partners or at least easier to get imported. Generally UK ones are threaded (the good ones) and US ones are slip-ons.
Cheap UK ones are slip-ons. (NO DISSING HERE, JUST FACT! ;) )

The thread is a 1/2 UNF. The best way is to use an adaptor (which you've already discovered) as this means you can put on a nice James Bond
Ssssssh tube or you can try a muzzle brake, air stripper and so on. It gives you mulitple options that are swappable.

Some of the terms on here are either named wrongly or the forum software alters the final post so the real name for that silent tube is lost.
This makes things over complicated and confusing. I've attached a picture showing a few differences in the devices but certain info cannot
be discussed on here.  ;)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

hotshot

pillow over the target assassin style  ;D
1377c    -   "Pumpmaster" Carbine
1322      -    Custom carbine
2250B    -   "Ratcatcher"
EB20      -    Carbine
Sheridan

crossy72

right many thanks for all that have chipped in,have found out that most of the barrels fitted to crosman c02 pistols,2240 ,2300 and ratcatcher etc are 11mm external diameter,and have found a shop that sells kasu slip on shusher's marketed for the ratcatcher,so iam going at the weekend to look,failing that he also sells adapters and hogan decimeter shushers but a little dearer though,but having said that i will pay for piece and quiet,so i can plink in piece
nick :-*

Make MY day

Who makes the quietest LEGAL Hushpuppy for the 1377C pumper here in the USA??  I have a MountainAire Shroud on a 14.5 in barrell.  Even though I'm a little(?) hard of hearing, I have no trouble hearing loud Pop besides the trigger and other associated noises.  With my Radio Shack DB meter placed 3 foot to the side of the end of the shroud, I get a 67 dB reading at 12 pumps.
With age comes skills.
It's called 'Multi Tasking'.
I can
Laugh, Cough, Sneeze, Fart and Pee all at the same time.