Good news for us

Started by Crosshairs, September 24, 2011, 02:49:22 PM

Crosshairs

Did anyone see this.                                          http://youtu.be/XuKrwmcRYCg
                                  Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

Very interesting and uplifting.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

arkmaker †

Watch it! One breath say Legal, the next breath says, Be Careful, don't use them at the range???????????

Still a slippery slope as far as I am concerned, not worried to much about it really, but I have heard so much on this subject both pro and con that I just don't know the real answer. Maybe I will ask my cop-like buddy's opinion.

RIch
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Crosshairs

I have many friends that are police and they don't know nothing about air gun laws but the guy in the vid was right about one thing a air gun is not a firearm and thats what the law say's firearms. Im not to worried about this just thought some would like to see the vid. In a court of law we would win.
                              Mike

Crosshairs

Another opinoin.    For some reasion it wont link just do a search.                              http://www.pyramydair.com/site/articles/muzzle brakes/                                                   

1377x

on a forum i cant recall the atf sent the poster a letter stating firearm shushers were regulated and they have no control over airguns because they are not firearms next comes state level government they have control over airguns and the do's and dont's
closed mouths dont get fed

eric

yup, here a 25 dollar fine if you don't have a tax stamp for a  FIRE ARM  husher ---- doesn't mean the law can't make a head ache for you though
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

millipede

Squallywally

In Illinois, Larger than .18 caliber and 700 fps, is a firearm.

From Illinois State Police website " What Is A Firearm?"

"Firearm" means any device, by whatever name known, which is designed to expel a projectile or projectiles by the action of an explosion, expansion of gas or escape of gas; excluding however:
(1) any pneumatic gun, spring gun, paint ball gun or B-B gun which either expels a single globular projectile not exceeding .18 inch in diameter and which has a maximum muzzle velocity of less than 700 feet per second or breakable paint balls containing washable marking colors;
(2) any device used exclusively for signalling or safety and required or recommended by the United States Coast Guard or the Interstate Commerce Commission;
(3) any device used exclusively for the firing of stud cartridges, explosive rivets or similar industrial ammunition; and
(4) an antique firearm (other than a machine-gun) which, although designed as a weapon, the Department of State Police finds by reason of the date of its manufacture, value, design, and other characteristics is primarily a collector's item and is not likely to be used as a weapon.

So I don't know how they can sell the Whisper Quiet High power Airguns and the bigbox stores, being that they are considered firearms here.

1377x

maybe you need a foid/froid card to purchase them
closed mouths dont get fed

Squallywally

Yes you need a foid to buy them.
What I mean though is the guns with the "quieting devices" on the ends of the barrels.
By law, the "devices" are illegal and they are on a "firearm"
So exempting them from the ban because they are on an air rifle doesn't hold water. In Illinois.

Pretty confusing stuff.

BGRooster1

In Wisconsin and other states, members of the open carry of firearms movement have found out that the police are not the ones to ask what is or is not legal.Members have been arrested and put in jail for doing what an officer said was illegal.After taking the police dept. and cities to court .It was the arrested that helped the officer,dept. and cities know what the law is.
Lesson learned : Don't ask your buddy,the cop,what the law is.

Also. It took a lot of money to win these cases in court.In the end it worked out ,but you could loose everything to prove it.It's just the way things are.

NorthStaR

Quote from: BGRooster1 on October 06, 2011, 01:34:37 AM
Lesson learned : Don't ask your buddy,the cop,what the law is.

It's not really fair to tar them with the same brush.  ???   

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/tar+with+the+same+brush
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

cmj21973

I have read all posted/linked info.
My question is how in the world what you can get from TKO22.com is ok?
I'd like a whatchamacallit for indoor use.

quickster47 †

Quote from: cmj21973 on October 06, 2011, 03:36:32 PM
I have read all posted/linked info.
My question is how in the world what you can get from TKO22.com is ok?
I'd like a whatchamacallit for indoor use.

There really is no clear cut answer to this question.  Each state tends to have its own rules and those are based on guidelines from the US government.  But in most cases that have gone to court, airguns fail to be classified as firearms so the case of a shthing are thrown out.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †