I can't take much more

Started by C Mellon, March 09, 2012, 06:15:29 AM

C Mellon

Every once & awhile someone comes along that really tests my self control. As some know I have a playful, even cruel sense of humor. Here's the email " I have a 2240, how much more power will I get with a flat top piston & valve?' Me "you don't do that for your gun. It's a mod for 1377" Next email. "so if I send my valve how long does it take to cut & port?" Me "you can't do that mod on a 2240" Next "do I send my valve, then pay? or do I pay first?"  I try not to screw with guys just starting out, but I don't know how much longer I can hold back.
charlie mellon

breakfastchef

Time to have a couple goblets of Merlot.
Larry

UKStoo

Sounds like the kind of questions a kid would give you, someone who doesnt understand your plain simple answers or doesnt want to listen,

i too have a crude sense of humour at times and with this one id play with them a bit!

Crosshairs

I try not to screw with guys just starting out, but I don't know how much longer I can hold back.
I hate illegal immigrants.  ;D
                         Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

ceejay

Is a simple "buzz-cut" cheaper than a flat-top ???  ???
Crosman 150 - 357 - 3576 - 1377 - M417
Crosman 1077
Gamo PT-85
Remington 1911RAC

T191032

Mr. Mellon,

If they contact you again, might send them this response -

"Please understand that I explained in a previous email with you that the flat top piston only works in the 1377 Pneumatic Pump-based system.  Therefore, please further research the Airgun you own before jumping the gun with making modifications to it.  If there is any question, there is the Green Forum which contains a wealth of the information."  And include a link for the Green so they can see it.   :-*

And thanks again for your work for us Airgunners who do appreciate it!  :-*
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

1377x

hey t
are steering people from our forum?

woody67

Do you think you could flat top my 2240 valve while you're doing his?

Also, I need the solid pump arm pin for my 2240. Do you make them in that size?

hahaha
;D ;D ;D

T191032

"hey t
are steering people from our forum?"

Nope.  Just giving an example.  Certainly a link to ours would be great if it is indeed someone starting out in the world of airgunning and in need of good information.

Trouble is, if it is a troll that's emailing him, sometimes, well you gotta steer clear of 'em the best way you can, too.   Many years ago when I did the chat room thing we had folks coming in disrupting things and we came up with a great term -  Snerts.  When they were thick in the room, the Snertosphere was thick, and you could tell any room regulars were in PM.  LOL
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

eric

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 09, 2012, 02:03:23 PM

I hate illegal immigrants.  ;D
                         Mike
X2 x 100  :o  :P :)
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

JMJinNC

Charles, I'd respond that he would have to send you the valve and a SASE, nothing more.

Once you get the valve, put it somewhere safe. In the meantime, this knucklehead won't be able to do any damage... at least with the 2240. Let Darwinism run its course.

If he finally figures it out, send the valve back.

JMJ
John

1377x

Quote from: T191032 on March 09, 2012, 07:07:54 PM
"hey t
are steering people from our forum?"

Nope.  Just giving an example.  Certainly a link to ours would be great if it is indeed someone starting out in the world of airgunning and in need of good information.

Trouble is, if it is a troll that's emailing him, sometimes, well you gotta steer clear of 'em the best way you can, too.   Many years ago when I did the chat room thing we had folks coming in disrupting things and we came up with a great term -  Snerts.  When they were thick in the room, the Snertosphere was thick, and you could tell any room regulars were in PM.  LOL
it does have that trolling vibe to it!

AZAG

It sounds like what he really needs is a ported piston.  :P

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well