What Does your forum name mean ?

Started by Crosshairs, March 13, 2012, 12:21:48 AM

quickster47 †

My oldest daughter gave me the 'Quickster' moniker many, many moons ago when she was in college.  We used to joke around with each other and she commented one time that I was like a 'jokester' but was really a 'quickster'.  Since that time, probably 25 years ago at least, I've had many other friends call me 'Quickster' without knowing anything about my daughter's nickname for me.  And after all these years it has just stuck.  Even my wife now calls me 'quickster' when she is being serious or really wants something, like my attention.

When I played for the Dallas Cowboys in 1968, only for about 10 weeks before I was cut, Bob Hayes was on the team.  At that time Bob Hayes was known as 'Bullet Bob' because he could run the 100 meters in 10 seconds.  He always told me that he was fast but would never be 'quick'.

I added the 47 because I was born in 1947 and a true 'war baby'.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

T191032

Pretty much I know I covered it before, but I'll be brief : It is a single license tag Dad gave me.  1969 Virginia Truck Tag "T191032".  Year of my hatching.  :D  When I started doing this chat board type of stuff, I needed a good "name" and went with that one, for most of 'em.
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

cmj21973

Came up with mine when I made my e-mail address over ten years ago.
The cmj are my initials and the 21973 is my DOB.

No way am I going to use my nickname from highschool, college, or the current one for an user id. Hence they are passwords which are classified as Top Secret. :-X

FYI The list of nicknames are in order of "no way in hell" to "maybe, but unlikely". ;D

1377x

WHO is CROSSHAIRS???!!!
man of mystery who likes to remain hidden ;D ;D ;D
closed mouths dont get fed

tinker

Tinker:  I took things part from when I was a kid and still do @ 60 years young :-*  Only now I can reassemble them ;D

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Crosshairs

I use to do long distance shooting starting at 100 yards and got the name crosshairs from my friends.Good turn out with this thread.  :-*
                                              Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

HappyHunter

Pretty self explanatory - I'm happy when I'm hunting!  :-*
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

1377x

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 16, 2012, 02:52:36 PM
I use to do long distance shooting starting at 100 yards and got the name crosshairs from my friends.Good turn out with this thread.  :-*
                                              Mike  8)
finally
this ones for you

storsy

Mine is nothing special, second name Starrs, nickname was Starsy, until an old guy pronounced it Storsy, and it stuck.
it is ok that we protect animals rights,
But much more important,
We protect our HUMAN rights.....

Scotland-UK

MrWhsprs

In the mid 90's I was quite active in a couple of chat rooms on Prodigy, became long-distance friends with some people from the rooms, and would talk with them on the phone. Apparently I have a tendency to be soft-spoken, thus some of those friends called me "Mister Whispers" and the nickname stuck.  8)
Mike

Crosshairs

Hey Glen i did the same thing one time i took a brand new TV apart and put it back together before my Dad got home from work.
                                                       Mike

tinker

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 17, 2012, 03:34:52 AM
Hey Glen i did the same thing one time i took a brand new TV apart and put it back together before my Dad got home from work.
                                                       Mike
That's pretty good!  I did radios and alarm clocks quite often!

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Crosshairs

And he never new i did it until i told him  ;D
                          Mike  8)

sandpiper

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 17, 2012, 12:51:44 PM
And he never new i did it until i told him  ;D
                          Mike  8)
I did the lawnmower, several times.  :-*

1377x

one time at band camp....
what was the topic again?