Red Dot sights ... very, very small dot.

Started by Washbush, August 27, 2012, 08:17:51 PM

Crosshairs

Here she is mounted on my 2240 bulk fill. For the money it's a great Red Dot.
                                           Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Washbush

That's lookin' good! 

Would you take a little time and tell us about the trigger assembly?  Does it work as good as it looks?

JW

Crosshairs

Quote from: Washbush on August 28, 2012, 04:51:10 PM
That's lookin' good! 

Would you take a little time and tell us about the trigger assembly?  Does it work as good as it looks?

JW
Thanks ! The trigger group is from Crosmods and it works great, it's adjustable and has a nice crisp smooth pull. I really like it the only thing i don't like is it don't have a safety so this is for target shooting only.
                                        Mike

Washbush

Mike ... Does that trigger group assembly just replace the Crosman trigger frame with no mods to any other parts of the gun?  It looks like the trigger group wants to have their grip, right?

JW

Crosshairs

Quote from: Washbush on August 28, 2012, 07:04:29 PM
Mike ... Does that trigger group assembly just replace the Crosman trigger frame with no mods to any other parts of the gun?  It looks like the trigger group wants to have their grip, right?

JW

Yes is bolts right on.
                      mike

Washbush

I think I may have to look into that ...

I spent about an hour reading everything I could find on your Ultradot sight.  I have decided that when I think about $200+ it seems like a lot of money.  But, I also know that there are very similar sights that go up to $1500 and $2000.  Now its not so expensive.  I also decided that I have already wasted nearly $150 buying stuff for $35 to $50 each that just doesn't cut the mustard. So, I think it is time to clear off the shelf, unload some of the stuff I never even use any more, and convert that into something nice.  If I can make this work, I'll get one.  I really like what I saw and read.  Sometimes it is better to drop back and punt.

JW

Tater

Quote from: Crosshairs on August 28, 2012, 01:11:53 AM
I have the center point and like it a lot it has a crosshair plus three other reticles and one of them is a small dot.
                                       Mike
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/CenterPoint_1x25mm_Multi_TAC_Quick_Aim_Sight_Weaver_Style_Rings/3647

Ooooo, I like it. What is the eye relief like on it? Can you shoot through it with arms extended?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Washbush

The Pyramyd Air web site says that it has "flexible eye relief". 

Does anyone know what that is?  It doesn't say "adjustable", it doesn't say unlimited ... it says "flexible".  I guess that means it can't make up its mind.

J

Crosshairs

Quote from: Tater on August 28, 2012, 11:25:41 PM

Ooooo, I like it. What is the eye relief like on it? Can you shoot through it with arms extended?
Yep you can shoot it pistol style no problem.

Tater

Very cool. Thank you, the "flexible" part threw me off too.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Washbush

Gents ... I found out what "flexible" means in this case.  With a rifle scope, your eye has to be in pretty much the exactly right spot or the image in the scope is either blurry, if you are too close, or surrounded by a big thick black ring if you are too far away. "Flexible eye relief" is something that is designed into the sights and lets the shooter see a good, clear image over a broad range of distances between his eye and the eyebell.  I am thinking that the eye might be able to start looking for the target even before the gun is in a position to shoot and then, moving his head does not break the shooters ability to keep an eye on the target if he moves.  I thought it was some kind of advertising malarkey trying to make something out of nothing. But, it turns out, we all want it.  That's neat.  They said it really helps a shooter who wears glasses, especially no line bifocals, to find his target faster as he doesn't need to move his head into the perfect spot for both the sight and the glasses in order to see. 

JW

breakfastchef

I think flexible eye relief is just another term for unlimited eye relief. You can aim a dot sight 4" from your eye or 16". That difference could be construed as being 'flexible'.
Larry

Crosshairs

Quote from: breakfastchef on August 29, 2012, 03:49:57 AM
I think flexible eye relief is just another term for unlimited eye relief. You can aim a dot sight 4" from your eye or 16". That difference could be construed as being 'flexible'.
Yep i guess it means for rifle or pistol too.
                                     Mike

onebaddj

I have an aftermath red dot on my 2250. Its the same one as the bsa dot sight but $15 cheaper and over by the paintball stuff.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

zoneofenders

i'm not sure if you already found one but this used to be my setup.

It's the Hawke sport dot. It has 4 levels of light and it keeps centerd quite wel, i'd have to adjust the elevation a little bit every 60 shots or so.
It cost me about 35bucks. Not sure if the dot is still to large for your liking?
I liked it but i'm going back to peep sights.
A lot to learn here http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com
Work in progress http://s1160.photobucket.com/albums/q500/zoneofenders79
Dutch forum General crosmans incl some cool mod pics http://www.luchtbuks.net/index.php?showtopic=30584
Dutch forum Crosman 2240 incl some cool mod pics http://www.luchtbuks.net/index.php?showtopic=68610
Awesome members Crosman pics and vids over @ CAPOF by Brutuz https://www.youtube.com/CrosmanCAPOF
Crosman 2240 GT
The Gat
:-* ZON3OF3ND3RS aka The ;D Dutchy 8)