3 cheers for Michael Chavka and his barrel bands!

Started by sbcrockett, August 28, 2012, 02:22:14 AM

sbcrockett

hip, hip, hooray! Last Friday I ordered one of these from Michael:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/message/1345472553/13xx+Barrel+Bands+-+Same+Day+Shipping   

He shipped it from Pennsylvania on Saturday, and the post office delivered it TODAY!

Talk about customer service! Fit and finish are impeccable. Well packaged and included instructions for installing the included pivot pin.

I admit, I was hesitant to spend the $48, but I couldn't be happier now that I have it in my hands! Now I'm just waiting for that TKO barrel and muzzle brake to arrive and I should be good to go.  :-*

breakfastchef

The barrel bands are fine. Just a tip for you, put Loctite on the set screw threads. They work loose, particularly on a 1377, and the pivot pin may start moving on you. The one for the barrel is under less stress, but it can work loose, too.
Larry

arkmaker †

No pics means it never happened  ;)  We will need a pic or two once that TKO get there!!!!!  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Fronzdan

One other tip...and this could just be the way I pump...on the upstroke (pulling the pump arm outward) be careful not to let the pump arm linkage slam into the barrel band. The steel linkage will mark up the aluminum band pretty bad. Don't pump like a gorilla like I used to.

I'll see if I can post a pic later.

Crosshairs

I love Mike's BBs he needs to make them for the 22XX guns OMG i would buy one of each color.
                                     Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

congrats!
nice accessory you are adding to the gun!
closed mouths dont get fed

mrto

They really do look good and so well engineered too :-*.I hope he starts a range of barrel bands for the 2240 as well!

sbcrockett

you guys should email him asking him to work something up for the 22xx models. does he frequent this forum and know of the demand?

Noah

Quote from: Crosshairs on August 28, 2012, 03:04:27 AM
I love Mike's BBs he needs to make them for the 22XX guns OMG i would buy one of each color.
                                     Mike

I hear ya.  ;)
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

BDS

Chavka makes good stuff and... he has helped me with a fw problems where parts did not fit and needed to go back and he took care of it immedaitely (not bad parts, just wrong fit up)

Brian

0351_Vet

I can only say good things about Mike's work, ethics and kindness.
(Plus he's a Marine). What more needs to be said.  :-*

Walt
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BDS

Brian

markasaurus

Thanks partly to this post and several others i ordered a sighted band in t6 last night.

I contacted another parts maker about his but he never returned any of my emails.   My feeling is if he doesn't have time to respond to a sales request I have to wonder if and when i'd get a barrel band.

BDS

Aaah... you are learning the ways of the airgun parts makers young grass-hopper, soon the student will become the teacher!  :D  ;D
Brian

sbcrockett

you will NOT be disappointed with Michael's barrel band. You'll probably get it soon!  :-*