My new 1322

Started by mudduck48, September 18, 2012, 06:59:42 PM

Fronzdan

They won't help you if you don't know the part numbers.  So be sure to check out the exploded diagrams/parts lists available on the Crosman site. 

http://www.crosman.com/cs/manuals/crosman-pistols

YSYEO

1322C safety spring - part # 1322-017
1322C safety ball      - part # 105-039
Transfer port seal     - part # 130-036

All found here:
http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/1322%20EVP%20&%20PL4.pdf

1377x

Quote from: mudduck48 on September 18, 2012, 10:10:11 PM
That was last night. I do not think I'll be shooting it tonight, I took the side cover off to smooth up the trigger and no one told me the dreaded little spring and ball falls out. And the dummies just put the big spring right on the sear.  My old 1377 has a pin that hangs down that the spring rides on. This is going to be fun trying to get it all back together. I'll get it,but I do not think it will be today. lol
you mean to tell us you have not read any of the 100's of posts that talk about that dreaded little sping and ball for the safety
the sear spring is easy.when you get the frame back together you slide the sear spring over the pin and compress it so you can let it go up to the sear let it go it should be set.
the safety ball and spring is done after you get the frame together also.with the safety in place drop the ball down the slot,add a dab of grease to one end of the spring drop the geased end down the slot.if you ever have to take it apart again the ball and spring should stay together from the grease
a disposable lighter flint spring cut to size is a good replacement and there is a ball bearing that goes into some bike part the size is around the forum somewhere.some people use bb shots from shotgun shells as ball replacements also.the size is listed around here also
search from the index page here safety ball and spring a lot of posts should pop up.its one of the most talked about things around here
closed mouths dont get fed

BDS

Quote from: Fronzdan on September 19, 2012, 06:30:45 AM
They won't help you if you don't know the part numbers.  So be sure to check out the exploded diagrams/parts lists available on the Crosman site. 

http://www.crosman.com/cs/manuals/crosman-pistols

+ 1 to that!

The Crosman folks are very helpful but... they cannot spend hours on the phone finding part numbers in diagrams for folks, that's why they need part numbers. You can imagine what a phone call would be like from other inexperienced non-hobbyists (not us of course)... "I need the little curvy thing that hooks onto the pointed thing near the round thing on my 1377".

When I need parts, I spend some time making a list by using the diagrams on the Crosman website and elsewhere. Even if I'm looking for 1377 parts, I'll also look at the 2240 diagrams or others because, their shipping cost is usually $4 for an envelope of parts that don't weigh much. It's a good time to lay in spares of o-rings and other little parts that you know you will need for all of your guns and.. many of the parts are common across several different guns.

Once you get a parts person on the phone, they will do a good job for you  :-*
Brian

mudduck48

Quote from: 1377x on September 19, 2012, 08:39:57 AM
you mean to tell us you have not read any of the 100's of posts that talk about that dreaded little sping and ball for the safety
the sear spring is easy.when you get the frame back together you slide the sear spring over the pin and compress it so you can let it go up to the sear let it go it should be set.
the safety ball and spring is done after you get the frame together also.with the safety in place drop the ball down the slot,add a dab of grease to one end of the spring drop the geased end down the slot.if you ever have to take it apart again the ball and spring should stay together from the grease
a disposable lighter flint spring cut to size is a good replacement and there is a ball bearing that goes into some bike part the size is around the forum somewhere.some people use bb shots from shotgun shells as ball replacements also.the size is listed around here also
search from the index page here safety ball and spring a lot of posts should pop up.its one of the most talked about things around here
Yes, 1377x I have read about the safety spring and ball on the post, but it was all about taking the valve tube off not the side plate. Now I know. and I sorta did what you said with the grease. I got everything lined up where it needed to be, put grease on the ball, set the spring on it and slid the cover on and it works.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

RC1947

Congrats!  Fine shooting, RC

mudduck48

This is at 10m, 33ft. 1993 Crosman pellets, standing, 4 beers. Could be better, but.

1377x

thats pretty good after 4 beers  was they 3.2% beers? ;D

mudduck48

Nope. We do not have 3.2% beers here in Ca. These were Steel Kettle at about 5.1%. Cheap beer. Right now they are 2 for $10 at Fresh And Easy. With tax $12 for a case.

1377x

Quote from: mudduck48 on September 20, 2012, 04:36:24 AM
Nope. We do not have 3.2% beers here in Ca. These were Steel Kettle at about 5.1%. Cheap beer. Right now they are 2 for $10 at Fresh And Easy. With tax $12 for a case.
not bad!
thought you might be in utah ;D isnt the beer there 3.2%?

ped

at 3.2% its more like shandy ;D
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

BDS

or a "snakebite" eh what?  :D  ;D
Brian

mudduck48

not much new today, I went around town today looking for a new trigger spring. I wound up a our Ave. Hardware store. I bought 2 springs I thought might work. Got home put one in and it was a lot better. I decided to take the side plate off again and finish polishing up all of the surfaces. I almost joined the "lost ball" club. Took off the side cover, looked and everything stayed in place, then I heard a bink!  The ball took off. I got lucky, I found it. Then when I was trying to put it back together,  the safety spring went. I got an old Bic lighter and took the spring out. I happened to look down, and I found the spring. Not much new today, It does shoot better. Now I need the pellets I ordered to see how they work.

1377x

a little word of advise
if you take the gripframe of before you open up the side plate then the spring and ball wont be under pressure.at the least loosen one of the frames bolts to relieve pressure
hth
ED

mudduck48

Thanks Ed. I'll have to try that next time. I have that bit set from Harbor Freight like Mike uses in his disassembly video, with the square drive bit in it.  I'll use that.