My new 1322

Started by mudduck48, September 18, 2012, 06:59:42 PM

JEBert

I recommend taking the trigger frame completely off while working on the trigger.  When you first take it off, keep it UPRIGHT and pull the safety spring out and put a dab of grease on the ball end of it, put it back in and THEN lay the trigger frame down to work on it.  That will keep the ball and spring in place while you are working on it.  I ALWAYS take the frame off of the tube while working on the trigger to relieve pressure on the spring and ball and keep them from flying off into parts unknown.
Mods should make this a sticky.  Anyone that reads this shouldn't have an excuse to loose the safety spring and ball.
While you are at it, put the OEM frame mount screws in your stash (don't toss them as spares are always handy) and install 8-32 Allen head socket screws when you put it back together.
FYI - I have replaced all of my trigger frame screws with 8-32 socket head Allen screws.  You can get them in black or stainless steel (to match the rest of the screws and/or accessories on the specific gun) but I haven't found them in brass (brass is too soft anyway and would risk breaking them off in the gun, IMHO.)   If you are working on a 13XX gun, the front screw length should be around 425 ~ .005" and the rear screw .267 ~ .005 long.  I usually find them 3/8" and 1/2" and grind them to the length I want.  If working on a 22XX the front screw can be around .290" long.  If you order Don Cothran's SS screw set, they both (front & rear) come at .290".  I didn't shorten the rear one and it does not seem to interfere with the hammer spring.  I use 8-32 button head Allen screws for rear of Crosman Steel breech 0.685 ~ .005" long and button head screw is warranted if wishing it to not protrude above the upper breech surface (so as to stay out of the way of rear sight or scope rings.)
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

1377x

making a sticky is like writing a book the info should be in order and clearly written for all to understand
if someone wants take up that task it is possible to make it into a sticky
closed mouths dont get fed

JEBert

Anyone wanting to do that is welcome to use any of my typing/wording.  I re-typed it three times trying to make it clear and complete.
I just thought that making it a sticky would get more folks to read it and not loose the safety spring and ball.  Such a simple solution... but I guess most have already taken it apart before reading much on this forum.  I know I did and lost the ball too.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

mudduck48

Thank you all for the great info. I try to read the posts looking for information, but with 80903posts on 6396 topics from 1073 members, it just takes time. A person could write a book with all the info. on this forum. Thanks again.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

mudduck48

I like my new 1322. 20ft sitting on my stool at my work bench. In the garage. 5 shots.

mudduck48

I like my new 1322. I wanted this gun not for the shooting, but for the exercise. I haven't worked in over 3 years and I'm getting a little flabby. I thought if I had this it would help me get stronger. I try to shoot at least 15 shots a night. That is 150 pumps. That is a work out for the upper body.