Alloy Pistol Grips

Started by droid, October 09, 2012, 07:16:45 PM

1377x

thats the same thing i was thinking
get some of that carbon fiber sticker stuff
it comes in a variety of colors.just ordered some myself .dont know what im going to do with it until it gets to me
closed mouths dont get fed

droid

Funnily enough Ed. I have had a roll delivered today of the sticky carbon fibre.

But I have been too busy messing with one of my SSPs, may have a bash carboning the grip set over the weekend. .

Gary
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

1377x

funny ainit
cant wait to get my carbon fiber sticker
im going to do my grips,barrel and ldc
if its not to much to work with then ill do my tube in silver cfw and breech
hopefully it comes out how i think its going to
i can tint automobile windows easy enough this shouldnt be to much harder

droid

Harder than it looks covering the standard grips.  I made a right pigs ear of it  :-[

Gary
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

earlp8

At least when you peel it back off lighter fluid or goo ba gone takes the sticky stuff off  ;D

woody67

Quote from: droid on October 28, 2012, 09:33:44 PM
Harder than it looks covering the standard grips.  I made a right pigs ear of it  :-[

Gary

1377x

Quote from: droid on October 28, 2012, 09:33:44 PM

Gary
did you heat it up first?
i read on the site i got the carbon fiber wrap from heating it up makes it more flexible and easier to work with as the glue is workable until it cools.
i have done custom automobile electronic entertainment equipment installation some of it working with covering rounded edges with vinyl,like wrapping tv's,custom consoles, speaker cabinets,etc.

chongman

Ya, some heat does the trick, work from the center out. I've used a hair blow dryer, work slowly and you may want to make relief cuts along the outsides edges to help it to lay down.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

1377x

the relief cuts definitely help

Spanky

Hi Guys
I may be able to help in the alloy grip department.A close friend of mine is a bloke called Pete Hogan.He owns Milbro pro shot uk.A foundry that makes alloy and bronze catapults.I will have a word with him see if he can produce some grips.His casting work is awsome.

Spanky

For any of you lads interested,I have spoken to Pete Hogan.Going to take my grips to his foundry Monday.He will see what can be done.Also ask him if he could produce brass..Alloy even bronze frames etc.

droid

Quote from: Spanky on November 09, 2012, 02:45:10 PM
For any of you lads interested,I have spoken to Pete Hogan.Going to take my grips to his foundry Monday.He will see what can be done.Also ask him if he could produce brass..Alloy even bronze frames etc.

Wicked  :-*

Let me know how you go on.

Gary
www.ratbuster.co.uk

Spanky

Hi Gary
Will be in touch Monday as soon as i get back from the foundry. 

1377x

there is definitely some interest in this type of part! :-*
it will great to hear what you have to say come monday

ped

brass or bronze frame sounds nice
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com