Help! Brand new 1377 will NOT shoot

Started by Tater, October 23, 2012, 10:46:37 PM

Tater

UPS just dropped off a new/replacement 1377 for the one I returned. Got set up to shoot, pumped 5 times, load a pellet and nothing. The trigger moves in but nothing happens at all. The bolt is very hard to cock too. The rear sight is as canted as the one I returned to boot.
Not happy here.    >:(

I do have a steel breech I plan to put on, but I wanted to test it out stock. If changing breeches would fix it, fine, but if it's a trigger or other internal issue I'll send it back.....again.
I'm stuck here with 5 pumps in the thing.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

try backing out the rear breech screw see if it helps with the cocking
closed mouths dont get fed

Tater

It's pumped, cocked and loaded now though. How can I release it and is it worth fixing rather ten returning?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

are you sure the hammer is back?
look through the bolt slot see if the hammer pin is back and you might be able to see the hammer too
make sure the safety is off too
closed mouths dont get fed

BDS

Tater... I really feel for you man... even my head hurts from this ordeal you have been thru >:(  :D

Are you getting hammer movement (look for the little pin that sticks up, the back of the bolt should push it/hammer rearward)?

Are you getting a "click" when you pull the bolt back?

Is the trigger loose, i.e. is it just flopping forward and back with no restraint/spring tension?

Brian

Tater

There is a small pin sticking out from back to front and it is even with back edge of the bolt slot. There is tension on the trigger but it pulls back as normal and it did click when I first pulled it back. Not the bolt just slides.
Safety is off.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

breakfastchef

Sear could be binding. Send it back. It should shoot properly. Monkeying around with it will void the current warranty. Call Crosman and ask them to walk you through the steps to release hammer pressure so it can be shipped safely.
Larry

BDS

Sorry Tater, gotta agree with Chef... don't monkey with it, send it all back.

PS do you have a Sportsmans, Cabelas or Big-5 stores near you? These are "cheap" pistols so, even if the pistol is $10 more than PA or Amazon or WW, it's a lot less BS to deal locally, and still less than thier $12 shpg charges right!?

I just picked up one at Big-5 a few weeks ago, on sale $47.99 + tax
Brian

chongman

Ahhh Tater, I feel really bad for you   You have got to being having the worst luck I've heard of trying to get a 13xx to shoot.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Tater

The problem is that I'm at work during Crosman's business hours so I can't call in until Friday. It would have to stay pumped until then.

AND, I already paid $9+ shipping to return the  other one and get this gem.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

Is this a Crosman direct purchase or wasn't it Walmart originally?

You gotta go up the food chain at Crosman, I had similar issue about return costs with PA and Umarex, bitched up the ladder to the top and PA took care of all of the costs and sent new pistol.

Not sumthin I normally have to do as nearly all of my purchases have been ok, but I wasn't gonna spend $20 to ship a $60 gun to Umarex! Crazy!
Brian

Tater

I got it at Walmart originally, but in IL they won't take one back as an exchange/refund.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BigErn

Quote from: 1377x on October 23, 2012, 10:50:45 PM
try backing out the rear breech screw see if it helps with the cocking

I would try this before sending it back. This happened to me when I replaced the screws with a bolt kit once.

Tater

Quote from: BigErn on October 23, 2012, 11:38:23 PM
I would try this before sending it back. This happened to me when I replaced the screws with a bolt kit once.

I'll give this a try right now.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Davio

Quote from: BigErn on October 23, 2012, 11:38:23 PM
Man I feel for you.  I just hate when brand new stuff is defective.  And since it won't fire, you don't even have the option of making the Wally World manager an "offer he can't refuse".  ;)

Does he have any horses?  ;D
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177