What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

Flex

Quote from: earlp8 on February 06, 2013, 03:33:45 PM
I like you idea Flex :-*
I'm sorry that I can't take much (if any) of the "concept" credit for this mod. :( I got the info from a very long, technical post by CMJ21973 that I ran across while searching for part #s. If interested search "Re: First build "Nightmare"" for the post. I did, however, do the photos of my own gun and modified some of the aspects of CMJ21973's mod. His post was quite some time ago tho, so bringing the topic into present day post will benefit newbs like me. Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

turrrrdle

Quote from: 1377x on February 04, 2013, 04:51:59 AM
i mentioned earlier that i did some work on a stock transfer port
i took some 330 grit sandpaper rolled it up very tight and stuck it in the dremel havent measured the difference yet but it opened up the transfer port easy and fast

thankyou :-*
my dremel recently took a dirt nap, but you have inspired me with this idea. i started with a peice of 100 grit roled up tight and started spinning it. then added a drill bit inside the paper. then went to a larger drill bit couple more times until the transfer port was about 5/32 i think. not sure i looked for the stamp only see 5/ ???. the drill bit also fits good in the valve hole. only 1 probablem with it now is the valve hole isnt centered in the opening. it is a little forward. the front side of the valve hole is flush with the oring from the factory. i pumped it once and looked like maybe the headspace is pushing the valve back a hair but not enough to center it. i was wondering if i should give the valve a pump and then pin it or is there a better way to fix this?
troll on troll, you know who you are.

cheewee

Quote from: turrrrdle on February 07, 2013, 07:04:13 AM
thankyou :-*
my dremel recently took a dirt nap, but you have inspired me with this idea. i started with a peice of 100 grit roled up tight and started spinning it. then added a drill bit inside the paper. then went to a larger drill bit couple more times until the transfer port was about 5/32 i think. not sure i looked for the stamp only see 5/ ???. the drill bit also fits good in the valve hole. only 1 probablem with it now is the valve hole isnt centered in the opening. it is a little forward. the front side of the valve hole is flush with the oring from the factory. i pumped it once and looked like maybe the headspace is pushing the valve back a hair but not enough to center it. i was wondering if i should give the valve a pump and then pin it or is there a better way to fix this?

that is why the very first mod i do to all my guns is the valve pinning. line up the valve hole with the tube and pin it in place keeps it all nice and secure and aligned.
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.

BigErn

I finished polishing the Archer rear sight this morning. Now I'm happy with it  :)

bgmcgee

Nice Big E,Looks much better.   :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

WyoMan

Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

BigErn

Thanks guys, it took me a while!

AgentWD40_FL

I see the dremel tool there with the buffing wheel still attached ... yup, would take you awhile with that!  What did you use for compound?  I use a chrome billett polish. I wish my trigger assemblies were on the outside of the gun .... BLING!  :)

Looks good Ern.
Flying Dragon XS60C .22 Co2 Air Rifle w/Hawke Sport HD 3-9X40 AO Scope
Hatsan Mod 25 Supercharger .177
Crosman 38T .177 (Circa 1976)
Crosman 38C .22 (Circa 1963-1974)
Crosman Mark 1 Target .22 (Circa 1970's)
Crosman 1740 (2240 Modded) Carbine w/Bushnell 3-9X32
Crosman 2300KT CCS .177 w/Tasco 2x20
Crosman 1377 w/BSA Red Dot
Beeman P-17
Gamo PT-85 w/Laser Sight
Crosman 357

BigErn

Quote from: AgentWD40_FL on February 08, 2013, 08:49:24 PM
I see the dremel tool there with the buffing wheel still attached ... yup, would take you awhile with that!  What did you use for compound?  I use a chrome billett polish. I wish my trigger assemblies were on the outside of the gun .... BLING!  :)

Looks good Ern.

Thanks WD, I use the Dremel brand polishing compound. I started using a wire brush to take the paint off, then sandpaper from 220-1200 grit, then polish with the Dremel and compound. Took me about 2.5 hours for that piece. I even polished the bottom  :o  Going to change the black screw to an allen head bolt and done!

AgentWD40_FL

Quote from: BigErn on February 08, 2013, 11:19:01 PM

I use the Dremel brand polishing compound.

I think I have some of that somewhere .... its like jewelers rogue/rugue/ ... oh, however you spell it.  LOL!!
Flying Dragon XS60C .22 Co2 Air Rifle w/Hawke Sport HD 3-9X40 AO Scope
Hatsan Mod 25 Supercharger .177
Crosman 38T .177 (Circa 1976)
Crosman 38C .22 (Circa 1963-1974)
Crosman Mark 1 Target .22 (Circa 1970's)
Crosman 1740 (2240 Modded) Carbine w/Bushnell 3-9X32
Crosman 2300KT CCS .177 w/Tasco 2x20
Crosman 1377 w/BSA Red Dot
Beeman P-17
Gamo PT-85 w/Laser Sight
Crosman 357

breakfastchef

Quote from: AgentWD40_FL on February 09, 2013, 12:23:10 AM
I think I have some of that somewhere .... its like jewelers rogue/rugue/ ... oh, however you spell it.  LOL!!

Home Depot and Lowes should have the Porter-Cable or Ryobi brand compounds. Have plenty of felt poishing wheels on hand and use one per grit of poishing compound. The Dremel wire sheels are great for removing paint and other coatings prior to polishing.
Larry

bgmcgee

Got up checked the forum,out to the garage and put a new seal in the Daisy 1200,free from Daisy, shot it,checked the forum,shot the1377, checked the forum, sharpened some knives, checked the forum ,shot the 1377 checked the forum.Wow what a day  ;D

tipper1

"Done" time to enjoy this,have ideas for my next one,my first one  :)  what a change from when I found it in the shed ( wife wanted to throw it away)  8) thanks for the help all Kevin 

breakfastchef

Quote from: tipper1 on February 10, 2013, 01:25:08 AM
"Done" time to enjoy this,have ideas for my next one,my first one  :)  what a change from when I found it in the shed ( wife wanted to throw it away)

Great job saving another American Classic!
Larry

bgmcgee

That's just awesome Tipper. Sweet pistola.