What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

1377x

Quote from: tipper1 on February 11, 2013, 01:00:18 AM
Hey 1377x nice call on the sp1 very nice works great  :-*
glad you like it!!!
i sure like mine.its nice and light too. i have a tasco pdp3 rd its nice also but its a little on the heavy side so i am putting on my OOGIE BOOGIE gun its for short range pesting so a scope really isnt necessary

on another note
i moulded some .25 pellets from my beeman/lem pellet mould.i have no idea what i am doing so i need to read up on bullet/pellet moulding
the first one came out pretty nice then the second one had some issues maybe the lube ran out or something but some research is definitely called for
heres a pic of my mould
closed mouths dont get fed

cmj21973

Quote from: 1377x on February 12, 2013, 02:33:12 AM
glad you like it!!!
i sure like mine.its nice and light too. i have a tasco pdp3 rd its nice also but its a little on the heavy side so i am putting on my OOGIE BOOGIE gun its for short range pesting so a scope really isnt necessary

on another note
i moulded some .25 pellets from my beeman/lem pellet mould.i have no idea what i am doing so i need to read up on bullet/pellet moulding
the first one came out pretty nice then the second one had some issues maybe the lube ran out or something but some research is definitely called for
heres a pic of my mould

If you haven't already found a source of info about lead casting.
http://www.zjstech.net/gunstuff/casting.html

ped

thats a rare thing you've got there ed (i think they stopped making them in the eighties when mr mcgquire retired)
never really cast pellets but do make a lot of fishing leads and jig heads and i've found that the first couple are not very good due to the mould not being up to temp, after that the're usually ok
how hot are you getting your lead?
i seem to recall that these lead moulds were hard to use and the pellet was only suitable for rifles in excess of 12fpe due to there weight,hope you get the hang of it ed as they'll go well in that monster .25 you've got
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

crossliner

Well not actually did but had done..Powdercoated grips and bb all for $3.65..It was originally $2.43 but I did not like the flat black version ( my decision at 1st ) so I had it redone and they charged me an extra $1.22..Included are pics of my fave pellets they are locally made and are a tight fit for the Crosman barrels but Crosman Premieres, RWS and JSBs just can't beat them..All my Crosmans except the 1 w/ a Lothar barrel ( it likes JSBs) become 1 holers..Unfortunately the factory who makes them is no longer in business..I bought about 280 plastic containers of the Eaglehead 8.8 grain domes ( I got lucky I found some in a hardware store in a rural area an old stock ) x 150 = 42,000 pellets..Sold some to my friends though..The Hammerhead wads are still aplenty in various stores being not very good for long distance shooting..

..ain't she smooth  8)

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

crossliner

chongman

Real nice finish  :-*  What's with the pins in the frame  ???
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

BigErn

crossliner

Quote from: chongman on February 12, 2013, 02:12:02 PM
Real nice finish  :-*  What's with the pins in the frame  ???

Thanks Mr. CM..They are not pins them are pellets dear sir  :)

chongman

OK, my eyes are a little fuzzy this morning  ;D
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

JEBert

QuoteThanks Mr. CM..They are not pins them are pellets dear sir  :)
Did you do that for the photo or was it to keep the powder coat out of the holes?
Edit:  Come to think of it, they wouldn't have fit in the screw holes and you have more pellets than there are holes.  I just don't think of using all of the props you guys use in your photos.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Davio

Quote from: crossliner on February 12, 2013, 12:09:50 PM
Yes sir and super cheap too  8)

Meh.  I get all mine done for free.   ;D
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

crossliner

Quote from: JEBert on February 13, 2013, 03:50:45 AM
Did you do that for the photo or was it to keep the powder coat out of the holes?
Edit:  Come to think of it, they wouldn't have fit in the screw holes and you have more pellets than there are holes.  I just don't think of using all of the props you guys use in your photos.
Cheers,

Mr. JB a good observation..I plugged the holes w/ rolled paper and at the time I took some pics there were still there..I accidentally poured more pellets as intended so I just put them some of the excess on the grips erratically for show.

crossliner

Quote from: Davio on February 13, 2013, 06:58:40 AM
Meh.  I get all mine done for free.   ;D

Mr. Davio I think we had a bit of misunderstanding I apologize..We are all friends here and I find it uncomfortable to have some sort of a friction w/ others. Your powdercoating job is very nice and this will benefit members who are w/in your periphery. Best regards.

tipper1

looks nice, why not the trigger cover, no powder coat on it  :-*